Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation

+23
jerrichor
Alizarine Agarlasse
blowfish
milkteafancy
Black_Neo
doc_ardyey
kimlinheung
minamic
garette
toshiyagirl
Lionheart_03
pensieve
starshuffler
galenlondeien
dark_knightz14
lianne
pipeclay
Siyuske_Tryeth
janelmendoza
gelai
auror_alvin
Marcus
yvaine
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation Empty [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation

Post by yvaine 2009-07-20, 11:55

We're going to break down the discussions for the movie so that we don't get a bunch of incoherent threads.

This thread is for discussion of the adaptation from book to film. What did you think of how Steve Kloves broke down the main story lines of the book? Which omitted plot points did you miss in the movie? Which new/different plot points worked great? You don't have to post based on these questions, these are just guides. You're free to post, as long as it's ABOUT THE ADAPTATION.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine
Deputy Headmistress / Gryffindor Head of House

https://hogwartsphils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation Empty Re: [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation

Post by Marcus 2009-07-20, 12:08

sa wakas! Hehe. (thanks Prof. Sky for this! Smile )

nagustuhan ko kung paano nila na-compress sa halos 3 oras na film yung book. At kung paano na-highlight yung mga love story nina Harry, Ron at Hermione. Pero... parang hindi masyadong na-highlight si Severus Snape kung paano siya naging Half-Blood Prince *kinikilabutan ako ngayon habang tinatype to hehe*. At wala man lang klase sina Harry ng DADA with Snape! tsk, tsk, tsk (hehe).
Marcus
Marcus
Settling Into the Dormitories

http://tropangfrinds.cjb.net

Back to top Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation Empty Re: [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: The Adaptation

Post by auror_alvin 2009-07-20, 17:07

yeah actually they've shown the really important scenes that have a connection for the seventh movie... i think there wasn't a scene there that is just there for pure entertainment purpose (except for the great humor that they injected in the movie), most of the scenes were really there in preparation for the seventh movie adaptation. The memories, the discovery of the horcruxes and the part in which they're really focusing on the life behind everything that's on the book. Very Happy
auror_alvin
auror_alvin
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

http://alvinsuarez.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelai 2009-07-20, 17:55

i was expecting for a HUGE battle scene nung nakita ko sa trailer si Bella blasting all those purachina...

but sobrang gulat that was JUST it... *sigh*
gelai
gelai
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-20, 18:53

^
agree!

as in i was reaaalllyyy waiting for the battle scenes. para maaksyon naman diba? pero sadly, wala. kamusta naman. nabasag lang yung mga salamin at nasunog lang ang bahay ni hagrid. i was kinda dissapointed lalo na sa ending nung movie.
janelmendoza
janelmendoza
Running Away From A Troll In The Dungeon

http://janelmendoza.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-21, 09:37

Ah, the Battle. I missed that too. Would've been great to see the D.A. in action again.

I brought this up sa HBP Discussion nung Warner Roadshow nung Saturday. If there was a Battle, then it would've given the impression that indeed, the Wizarding World is at war. Yun kasi talaga yung naramdaman ko sa books, end pa lang ng OotP. And if they're at war, then it would've made better sense not to show Dumbledore's funeral. Kasi di ba, in a war, there is no time for ceremonies. Kaya lang, wala na ngang Battle, wala pang funeral, so medyo may disconnect. But I did like the Wand Tribute that dissipated the Dark Mark. That was really touching, and it makes me cry every time. *sneeeeef*

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus 2009-07-21, 09:46

yvaine wrote: But I did like the Wand Tribute that dissipated the Dark Mark. That was really touching, and it makes me cry every time. *sneeeeef*

Like a Star @ heaven

I liked that part too! Sobrang na-touched din po ako at most memorable part po para sa akin sa movie. Smile

Last edited by Marcus on 2009-07-21, 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Siyuske_Tryeth 2009-07-21, 09:53

i kinda said this over and over again, pero in terms of adaptation, i find the movie to be so passive. it eliminated a lot of (well for me anyways) stuff that i think is needed for the upcoming finale.

first of all, i really hated the idea of scrapping the fight scenes sa castle, kahit minimal lng - ok n cguro - just to emphasize further the gravity of the situation dun sa magical world. tapos, again, in my opinion, the omitting of the DA's stand towards the death eaters (and if i remember correctly) even the staff (mcG!) showed the passiveness of the characters, they just let it go.

tapos the burrow thing, again, magtatangal nnmn sila ng parts sa 7th kasi sinira nila.. pero bka ireconstruct nlng nila by an additional scene. pero as of today, its totaled! so mawawala nnmn ang isang magandang fight scene dun sa wedding part..

dont get me wrong, im not just looking for the fight scenes, pero i think it is an important element in the novels. hahaha
Siyuske_Tryeth
Siyuske_Tryeth
Head Boy

http://fzierom015.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-21, 09:57

Siyuske_Tryeth wrote:tapos the burrow thing, again, magtatangal nnmn sila ng parts sa 7th kasi sinira nila.. pero bka ireconstruct nlng nila by an additional scene. pero as of today, its totaled! so mawawala nnmn ang isang magandang fight scene dun sa wedding part..

Dapat kahit reconstructed na, meron pa ring traces nung attack, para may continuity. Hehehe. Tsaka sinabi ko rin ito nung Discussion, it's possible the wedding will now be between Tonks/Lupin instead of Bill/Fleur kasi walang balita na bumalik si Clemence Poesy eh, or any replacement for Fleur.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siyuske_Tryeth 2009-07-21, 10:00

that would suffice cguro. pero i think fleur should be there... haha, kasi parang walang emotion dun sa sasapitin ni bill(if ever ilagay nila un) at walang babanat nung killer line na "im beautiful for the both of us" wahahahahaha
Siyuske_Tryeth
Siyuske_Tryeth
Head Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by pipeclay 2009-07-21, 12:21

I think Bill's character will never make it to the movies.. feeling ko lang..

and sa totoo lang, since the third HP movie, binabaan ko na ang expectations ko sa lahat ng susunod na movies. Nung ginawa ko yun, mas na-appreciate ko yung adaptation. Pero nakulangan ako sa HBP.. hinihintay ko rin yung battle eh.. parang "huh, yun na yun?".. eto lang ata yung HP movie na natapos ng hindi man lang naging duguan si Harry.. nakaka-inis.. ibig kasing sabihin, kulang sa action.. in fact dapat sa HBP nila mas nilagyan ng action kasi nga, the wizarding world is at war diba? So sana na-highlight din ang DA.

And siguro dapat mas dinamihan nila scenes ni Snape. The movie title itself is about him, so siguro dapat lang na medyo mas nag-focus sa kanya. Hindi man lang in-explain kung pano sya naging "hbp"..
pipeclay
pipeclay
Taking Flying Lessons with Madam Hooch

http://www.iampipeclay.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-21, 12:57

OT
yvaine: I believe Clemence already committed to come back for DH. Double check ko.
pipeclay: Na cast na po si Bill for DH. Smile

On Topic
I love how HBP was adapted into the big screen. Just to break it down:
1) The memories - believe it or not (and I was surprised myself), I hardly noticed that they removed about 3-4 memories from the book. I think they did a great job in choosing the memories that really mattered and made sense when viewed within the context of the whole movie.
2) Funeral scene - I didn't mind at all that the 'white tomb' part was cut. I think they managed to convey the heaviness of the scene/situation even without it. While the funeral was lovely in the book, I feel that it might have come off as OA in the movie.

To be continued...
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-21, 13:05

Uy, kung ok na sa Bill/Fleur, eh di... YEHEY! Hehehehe.

Re: Memories - I agree. Based sa pag-distill nung plot, di na noticeable yung ibang nawawalang memories. Baka i-raid ni Harry ang Memory Cabinet sa DH movie....

Re: Funeral - Ako din, ok na sa kin yung nasa movie, although, yun nga, sayang lang, sana supplemented by the battle. Yates did indeed think OA na pag nandun pa ang funeral.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siyuske_Tryeth 2009-07-21, 13:15

pero im really hoping na mag start ang 7th film with the funeral.. it would render one of the creepiest scenes useless, ung binuksan ung tomb para kunin ung wand.. and besides, medyo heavy character ung namatay e, so i guess he deserves a funeral.. kahit ndi n kasing grand nung sa book. haha
Siyuske_Tryeth
Siyuske_Tryeth
Head Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-21, 13:21

That's not too far off, FC. HBP started with that little scene with the wizardrazzi and Harry and Dumbledore. That one's immediately after OotP. It's possible they'll start DH with a scene immediately after HBP. The Funeral might be the best place to start.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Siyuske_Tryeth 2009-07-21, 13:34

keeping my fingers crossed for that one. i think the non readers should have the opportunity to further feel the loss of dumbledore, im not saying na ndi touching ung wand raising for light amidst the darkness scene. pero i think they should feel the importance of dumbledore as a primary individual sa buhay ni harry. haha
Siyuske_Tryeth
Siyuske_Tryeth
Head Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dark_knightz14 2009-07-21, 18:11

i was on the idea na this adaptation is just a bridge to build up the events for the 7th instalment of the series.. i find it light and fun and knowing na napakadaming info in the books that was compressed to this movie.. i found it good... may mga naleft-out must admit that.. pero what can you say.. for more than 2 hrs eh di naman talaga malalagay lahat...

and i love the fact that though i find most of the since light... harry kept smiling through the movie..
"But i am the chosen one"
and how it seemed na mas realistic ang dating sakin nung movie..

on the contrary... di ko ramdam si snape dito.. nor si malfoy...

6 hocrux siya for me..
dark_knightz14
dark_knightz14

Back to top Go down

Post by galenlondeien 2009-07-21, 20:35

yvaine wrote:Ah, the Battle. I missed that too. Would've been great to see the D.A. in action again.

Like a Star @ heaven

I missed that too. Plus the white tomb. I would have wanted to see every creature salute Dumbledore. It would have been the perfect time for Fawkes to give the final cry.
Neutral
galenlondeien
galenlondeien

http://karenkristie.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by starshuffler 2009-07-21, 20:42

Hala, naka-break down 'yung review hahaha.

Can I start by saying that I LOVE THE MOVIE? Heheh. It now shares the same special spot in my heart as Cuaron's PoA.

While I believe that HBP was a very good book adaptation, I will have to remember that not everyone who watched the movie has read the book. Not everything was explained to the plain muggle movie goer.

[Next time na 'yung ibang thoughts ko, mejo multi-tasking ako haha.]

My rating:
5 horcruxes for the fans
3.5 vials of Felix Felicis for the muggles
starshuffler
starshuffler
Official Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-21, 21:01

@prof. sky: the Wand Tribute scene made me cry too, at first goosebumps lang tapos di ko po napapansin may tears na pala. 'twas sooo touching Smile

in behalf of my classmate who wanted to register pero wala siyang time (actually medyo parehas din kami ng opinion), she was waiting for the funeral scene esp. the part where the other creatures, like the centaurs, did things to show their respect for dumbledore. kasi it shows na hindi lang sa mga tao kagalang-galang si dumbledore, pati sa ibang magical creatures din Smile
janelmendoza
janelmendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by gelai 2009-07-21, 21:56

ayan.. ako ulit..

I like the movie as a whole.. less fighting scene.. hala sige ganun talaga.. the wand tribute made me cry ng sobra (kaya gusto ko ako lang mag isa manuod, emo mode).. I read from an article na cut na nga yung funeral, but wasn't even expecting something like "tribute".. ang galing..

When I was watching the movie, I had this feeling na nakakasunod ako.. the flow of the story is good enough, hindi nakakaligaw na parang nag rereact ako "oh anung nangyari?" or even noticed nga na madami dami ding tinggal..

in short.. my heart is happy with this movie.. jumping and satisfied after the long wait..
gelai
gelai

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-22, 02:10

lianne wrote:OT
yvaine: I believe Clemence already committed to come back for DH. Double check ko.
pipeclay: Na cast na po si Bill for DH. Smile

On Topic
I love how HBP was adapted into the big screen. Just to break it down:
1) The memories - believe it or not (and I was surprised myself), I hardly noticed that they removed about 3-4 memories from the book. I think they did a great job in choosing the memories that really mattered and made sense when viewed within the context of the whole movie.
2) Funeral scene - I didn't mind at all that the 'white tomb' part was cut. I think they managed to convey the heaviness of the scene/situation even without it. While the funeral was lovely in the book, I feel that it might have come off as OA in the movie.

To be continued...

OT: Yup, confirmed na. May rehearsals na for the Bill & Fleur wedding. Wink

Back to my review...

3) Funny/Romantic scenes - Great job! Sooo love most of them. The whole oppugno scene was just perfect, heart-wrenching. I love how they were able to sum up the situation of the RHr/HG relationships in just two to three lines from that scene. I initially hated the HG kiss though. But it's because I'm a big fan of the several sunlit days scene from the book. And the movie kiss was sooo reminiscent of the urgh, 'Cho kiss'. On second viewing though, it's kinda grown on me.
4) End Battle - Yes, I was a bit disappointed with this. I was hoping for a bit of scuffle at the very least. Or kahit man lang sana nacompensate ng magandang HBP reveal scene. But even that was a bit disappointing.
lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by pensieve 2009-07-22, 02:23

i came to watch the film with no expectations... as in kinalimutan ko munang fan ako ng book... as it is, i appreciated the film more... ok lang if madami ang di nasama... as what was already mentioned, the more important parts naman were included... isip ko lang... since they would include bill/fleur wedding in the DH film, sana naisama din yung love story nila sa plot ng HBP... o well, pede namang flashback na lang...

parang mas nabuild up love story ni r/h than h/g...

my fave scene would be dumbledore's death scene hanggang sa wand tribute... i understand why the funeral wasn't included... bukod sa hahaba na... mas madami pang effects na gagamitin... hence bigger expense for the producers [ooops... OT na ata]... having fawkes fly in the last scene while the trio watch was a good enough alternative for me... very symbolic...
pensieve
pensieve

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-22, 02:42

pensieve wrote:[ooops... OT na ata]... having fawkes fly in the last scene while the trio watch was a good enough alternative for me... very symbolic...

Ah yes. Fawkes. But if you think about it, only book readers will get the significance of that bird flying away. Maraming moments, scenes talaga sa movie na sobrang ma-appreciate mo as a book fan but would totally blindfold, spin and push a muggle down a cliff. And I know that I should probably be objective and rate the movie from both angles but I just can't. Bahala na silang mga hindi nagbabasa. Basta ako, I love this movie. Hehe lol!
lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionheart_03 2009-07-22, 04:26

first of all, i'm not that disappointed with the adaptation, understood naman na kelangan mamili ng part na ipapakita and i believe they made the right choices naman, pero if you really havent read the book, there will be some part that you wont get, or gaya nga ng sabi ni lianne, significance ng mga iba, like fawkes, ring, etc.

i also like the way they build up the relationship thing sa movie, kelangan na rin yun para naman maging mature na rin ang dating, hindi lang focus sa magical stuffs.

i too would love to see the fight scenes sa end ng mga death eaters, siguro nga yun yung kulang sa movie.

one more thing, what's with harry flirting on a diner??? hehe... sana sinama yung scenes with the dursleys...

ok... that's it for now... 3:30 am na pala... Very Happy
Lionheart_03
Lionheart_03
Feasting in the Great Hall

http://twitter.com/ishtefh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus 2009-07-22, 08:53

@ Headgirl Lianne: I agree! Bahala na 'yung mga hindi nagbasa nung book 6. Hehe. Karamihan kasi sa mga kilala ko na negative ang comment about sa film eh hindi nila nabasa 'yung libro. Nagustuhan ko rin naman 'yung film adaptation pero yon nga lang gusto ko talaga makita 'yung part na ma-e-emphasize na si Snape eh 'yung Half-Blood Prince for the benefit na rin ng mga muggle na 'yung film lang ang sinusubaybayan. Smile
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-22, 10:02

lianne wrote:Ah yes. Fawkes. But if you think about it, only book readers will get the significance of that bird flying away.

Nung una, di ko alam na si Fawkes! Tinanong ko pa kay Jovan. LOL. Sana nag-burst into flames siya para obvious. You're right na muggles won't get the significance. I suppose a line or two in the script could've made a difference. Same with the dilemma regarding the HBP storyline. A line or two at the end by Hermione would've explained everything.

Namention ni Lionheart_03 yung Dursleys, and I remember one of my "What're they gonna do in Movie 7?" questions -- the whole Kreacher storyline. I suppose they can always insert the part about Harry inheriting Kreacher and #12 GP pag nagtago na sila after the Wedding....

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by toshiyagirl 2009-07-22, 10:39

i like the movie, i'd give it a 4 stars out of 5 hehe.. hindi ko gusto na wala yung battle between the death eaters and the order and hindi naexplain ng maayos pano naging HBP si snape.. gusto ko din yung humor ng movie hehe.. but what's with harry flirting with that diner girl? O_O

yun scene ng nasunog house ng weasley medjo.. ummm, parang ang dumb nya kasi pano naging ganun kalaki yung sunog eh, mga witches and wizards sila confused they can put it out in no time nung nagstart palang.. except kung fiendfyre yung ginawa ni bella.. hmmmm..?
toshiyagirl
toshiyagirl

http://robinamae.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by garette 2009-07-22, 19:31

In this movie, there were too much of Lav-Lav and Won won and less of Hermione and Ron. Yun lang naman yun comment ko.

Then they could've just explained why Snape is called the Half Blood Prince and not left it as a hanging question.

As for the funeral, sana man lang pinakita nila how wizards perform one, akala ko makikita ko uli si Umbridge...
garette
garette

http://www.garettepotter.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by minamic 2009-07-22, 20:43

like most book-to-movie adaptations, I try to keep an open mind and not compare it with the source material. but for some reason it bothered me that they couldn't insert why Snape is the Half-Blood Prince. or what the point was of the Half-Blood Prince in the first place. i mean, he was special mention in the title, so he must have some significance other than it being Snape, right? or did they expect it to just be self-explanatory? O_O

otherwise, i think all my other concerns would be flexible already, and i'd end up sounding nitpicky. (did say i tried keeping an open mind with the adaptation.) Razz i don't remember lavender brown being that annoying in the book. and i imagined it to be... well, more depressing (never really liked book 6... was anticipating book 7 too much at the time already...), with hints of joy every now and then. the movie somehow came out... happier, with hints of depression. i guess as a movie, that works better.
minamic
minamic

Back to top Go down

Post by kimlinheung 2009-07-22, 23:31

Aside from the 1st three HP movies, ito na ata ang pinakamalapit sa libro at the same time, artistically awe-inspiring movie ever!

Not only did HBP made my cry but it made me feel like this was the end. Parang binabasa ko lang yung libro habang pinapanood ko.

Then again, there were some points which were disappointing. Kung ano man yun, they were all for the sake of the movie business. Pero ang dami talagang (like many of my castlemates said) hanging questions.
kimlinheung
kimlinheung

http://flavors.me/kimlinheung

Back to top Go down

Post by doc_ardyey 2009-07-23, 02:09

janelmendoza wrote:@prof. sky: the Wand Tribute scene made me cry too, at first goosebumps lang tapos di ko po napapansin may tears na pala. 'twas sooo touching Smile

same goes here... naiyak ako ay wait napaluha lang pala... hehe basta hindi ko alam may pumapatak na while JD is sleeping and Joan is making fun of me
doc_ardyey
doc_ardyey
Lost in the castle hallways

http://www.quackpack.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black_Neo 2009-07-24, 02:35

The the movie was adapted superbly, in my opinion this was one of the best movie's second to book 1. Most of the parts of the movie was adapted in a way that it was almost flawless..... it may have not explained everything to the downright movie critic... But it would be entertaining and catching for the average joe looking for a good time.

Alas not everything was how i had hoped it would. Everything led up to the cave and the locket , which was a 10/10 for me. Suddenly it became anti climactic missing the the fight out of Hogwarts. It would have been excellent to see some wand action against more Death Eaters and Hogwartians/Dumbledore's Army/Order of the Phoenix alike. A definite preview of things to come in Deathly Hallows. And the white tomb funeral which could have also made a very good ending scene..

All in all it was a very well made movie I give it an 8/10. Even though the hardcore the critic might think otherwise.

a penny for my thoughts
Black_Neo
Black_Neo
Being Interrogated About Bezoars

Back to top Go down

Post by milkteafancy 2009-07-24, 23:35

First thought about the movie: Cohesive. I haven't re-read the book for about two years now so my brain was in semi-checklist mode (Whether this scene was in the book or not). IMHO, it's more cohesive than OOTP.

I also have to lament on the lack of focus on Snape's character. The revelation that Snape was HBP was like an afterthought. I guess the movie focused more on the memories regarding Voldemort and Draco's mission. Oh well, the writers did their best to fit everything in a two hour movie.

The Cave scene is brilliant! It's like what I imagined in the book so I'm happy with that. It's creepy and it works. Very Happy

Dumbledore's death was really moving -- from Draco cornering him until his drop from the tower. I felt sad and empty even though I know what's coming.

The wand tribute is the next best thing to the funeral scene in the book. For me, it's okay that they didn't have the funeral. The wand tribute speaks for itself.

Overall, I think the adaptation is good. It captured the spirit of the book -- dark but optimistic and funny -- which I think a movie-to-book adaptation should achieve and not by literally translating every chapter into a screenplay. And HBP achieved that. Smile
milkteafancy
milkteafancy

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-26, 01:22

After my 3rd viewing, am now going to try and list down every little bit about the movie that made my heart skip a beat. Did you notice:

- Dumbledore commented on how Harry has been reckless that summer. And Harry said that he liked riding trains. Takes away his mind on things. Hmmm...was it a set up for the Kings Cross chapter in DH???
- In Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, something was going off, "I will have order!", in Umbridge's voice. Which as we all know, was a line from OotP.
- Hermione identified the destroyed shop (Attacked by the Death Eaters) in Diagon Alley as Ollivander's where everyone got their wands. Dun-dun-dun-duuuuun.
- Just a little thing: I love how they didn't really introduce Fenrir G. but just showed his WANTED poster as the trio was following the Malfoys down Knockturn Alley. Bellatrix took the words out of my mouth. Love to stay, chat and do intros but schedule's tight. There really wasn't time to introduce everyone so I'm happy that they were at least able worm his name into the movie.
- Ginny's Pygmy Puff!
- Draco said something along the lines of throwing himself from the 'lightning struck tower'. Ooooooo...
- Draco brought his father's cane/wand to Hogwarts. Woot! (How senti Draco)
- Only those who've read the books will know and appreciate the 'aaaaawwww' factor of McGonagall reminding Harry of his ambition to become an auror. Who could forget the 'Career Advice' chapter of OotP (Wasn't in OotP the movie though)?
- Seven stones in Riddle's window ledge, seven horcruxes. Hmmm...interesting.
- I'll throw this one in because I sooo love the implication: When Harry was talking to Slughorn after the dinner party, the sands of the hour glass went at a complete standstill. Ooooo...
- Because it was funny: In the library when Harry and Hermione were talking, one of the boys was pretending to be reading from a book. But if you look closely, tucked within the pages is an adult magazine complete with moving pictures. Hehe
- The woman in the front page of the Daily Prophet which Hermione was reading (Scene after the attack of the Burrow) is Amelia Bones. Headline: More Disappearances (Or sumfink like it)
- Slughorn was talking to a bunch of 1st years about bezoar just as Snape had in the trio's first year! Oh, and of course it was a set up for when Ron gets poisoned.
- When Harry touched the ring, we saw flashes of Voldy and other things/places that may have something to do with the Horcruxes. The ring spun madly. Harry cricked his neck just as he had in OotP when ehem Voldy is near/powerful/trying to possess him. This scene is screaming, "7TH HORCRUX = HARRY!!!" The look on Dumbledore's face when he realized it. Sigh...
- The was no 'Phoenix Lament' but Fawkes flying away from the castle was good enough for me. (@yvaine: I think I get now why they didn't have Fawkes burst into flames or sumfink. Those who haven't read the books or followed the movies closely might be shocked.)
- Neville may have only one to two measly line in the whole movie but did you notice how he's always in the background in a lot of the scenes? During dinner their first night back. At the common room after Ron made it as Keeper. Seems to me they're keeping him in everyone's mind for his kicka** role in DH. Yey!

I'll think of more. Wink
lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by blowfish 2009-07-27, 02:26

lianne wrote:
- Draco said something along the lines of throwing himself from the 'lightning struck tower'. Ooooooo...

nangyari ba ito nung nasa train sila on their way to Hogwarts? nung kausap niya si Blaise and Pansy?

'Yung Pygmy Puff, mga readers lang talaga ang makaka-appreciate e. I had to explain to my friend kung ano 'yun.

I guess I was expecting na habang inaayos ni Malfoy yung cabinet, Crabbe and Goyle will be lurking nearby. Sa train at Great Hall ko lang yata nakita yung dalawang yun e.

since naging madetalaydo si Lianne, sabihin ko na rin yung mga napansin ko

Ang kailangan ko lang talagang siguraduhin, may sinabi naman talaga si Albus na "It's my fault" habang pinaiinom siya ni Harry sa cave, di ba? And I like how Albus said "Very good" to Draco when he Draco disarmed him.

(May nakakita ba kay Cho Chang? nasa end credits si Katie Leung e. I think I saw her, but I'm not sure.)

Last edited by blowfish on 2009-07-27, 11:43; edited 1 time in total
blowfish
blowfish

http://twitter.com/camilleisleta

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-27, 03:19

Yup. Sa train yun blowfish.

Oooo, the Pygmy Puff was in the Great Hall? I didn't notice that.

Isa ko pa pala napansin although I'm not too sure about this, nagmomove yung lion's hat ni Luna? I thought I saw it wink in one of the close ups sa Great Hall.

Yup, I think I heard Dumbledore say that. Great set up for DH noh?

Yes, I THINK I saw Cho as well. Sa wand tribute? Off to the right? McGonagall's left.

What I'm really liking about this movie is there's so much that they've placed in it which we fans will really appreciate. Little bits and pieces that you've probably missed on the first viewing and will really feel proud of when you discover it the next time you watch. Either that or you smack yourself in head for not watching properly. Hehe

Para kasing everytime I watch it, I discover something new and it gets me interested and excited about watching it again in case there are others I've missed. Smile
lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Alizarine Agarlasse 2009-07-27, 09:54

Hmm about Luna's hat.. meh eyes may be real slow but I don't think I saw it move.. not even when she was watching the Quidditch tryouts..

Cho was there, medyo nabaon lang kasi matatangkad yun katabi haha

Hmm there's a part I sorta didn't like kasi when Snape admitted that he's the Half-Blood Prince, there was a sort of missing feeling because the part where Hermione found out stuff about Snape's parents weren't shown... so parang umadmit lang si Snape, and wala man lang clue how or why he's called "Prince"or what significance it has to impact the story..~
Alizarine Agarlasse
Alizarine Agarlasse

https://www.facebook.com/alizarine

Back to top Go down

Post by blowfish 2009-07-27, 11:42

lianne wrote:
Oooo, the Pygmy Puff was in the Great Hall? I didn't notice that.

oops! sorry, this - "Sa train at Great Hall ko lang yata nakita yung dalawang yun e" was supposed to go after this line - "I guess I was expecting na habang inaayos ni Malfoy yung cabinet, Crabbe and Goyle will be lurking nearby." Will edit.

Napansin ko rin yung lion. it was a big roar pero nagmove nga.

Ang ineexpect ko kasi kay Cho, parang isa siya sa magiging catalyst for Harry-Ginny. Harry'll see Cho and then realize Ginny's the one pero mawawala nga naman sa focus yung movie pag nangyari yun.
blowfish
blowfish

Back to top Go down

Post by jerrichor 2009-07-27, 14:24

blowfish wrote:
Ang kailangan ko lang talagang siguraduhin, may sinabi naman talaga si Albus na "It's my fault" habang pinaiinom siya ni Harry sa cave, di ba?[/i]

DADAF and the rest of the Megamall people were under the impression that he was saying "Aberforth". Hmmm... means I have to watch HBP again... bounce
jerrichor
jerrichor
Gryffindor Prefect

http://www.plurk.com/jerrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by DADAProfAE 2009-07-27, 14:31

^If I'm not mistaken, I think Albus said both, "it's my fault" and "Aberforth." Hmm. . . can't wait for the dvd for the subtitles! Very Happy
DADAProfAE
DADAProfAE
Auror Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-27, 15:04

yeah! kasi tinapos ko yung credits until the logo of WB appeared. so nakit ko dun CHO CHANG. I was like "huh?! nasaan siya?!" i guess malabo na yung mata ko. hindi ko talaga siya nakita.

Ginny's pigmy puff was really cute. kaso parang may angle na mukhang face ng monkey yung pigmy puff Shocked

About the lion hat, i think i saw it move too. pero hindi ko lang sure. baka namamalikmata lang ako Smile
janelmendoza
janelmendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_11 2009-07-27, 23:18

andun si Cho? hala! baket hindi ko siya nakita dun? haha!
well, maganda sana ang movie kaso parang madaming parts na wala na maganda sana kung nasama...
wala si scrimgeour (tama ba spelling?)...
wala si fleur at billy...
pati ung burol ni Dumbledore... parang bigla nalang natapos yung movie nang wala lang (huhu... Sad )
tapos ung about kay harry/ginny, pa-fall si ginny kay harry... haha!!! e diba parang si harry yung gumawa ng first move?
at nakakabitin ang paglusob ng deatheaters sa hogwarts... wala ang bonggang bonggang fighting scene...

pero infairness, i super love the cave scene with the inferis...
nagsigawan mga tao sa sinehan. haha!
nick_11
nick_11

Back to top Go down

Post by DorcasCrooc 2009-07-27, 23:33

^Yup, andun siya. I had to watch the movie again to see her. Nasa tribute siya (when they raised their wands for AD.)

I just have to say, I was too critical because out of all the books in the series, HBP is the one I really love. I was just a bit disappointed that they didn't show some scenes that I was expecting to be in the adaptation (e.g. The battle, the funeral, etc.) The presence of the Death Eaters didn't give any sense to me, since it only showed that Bellatrix Lestrange's presence, for example, was only to smash the Great Hall into pieces.

I also think that, as for non-HP readers, but HP-movie lovers, the adaptation didn't explain much about who is the Half-blood Prince. I think they should've placed some of the key scenes such as when Hermoine found out that Snape is the HBP and why is he the HBP.

But setting all that aside, I was teary-eyed in the tribute scene. I felt the sadness and I think that's a plus point. Another is the funny expressions of Ron Weasley. It's a standing ovation for me; it never failed to make me laugh. And for some reason, Hermoine's reactions toward the Ron-Lav tandem made me excited for their lovestory in DH. And yes, the inferi scene is an effective one. Everybody in the cinema jumped in shock when an inferi's hand grabbed Harry's arm.

I hope they'll do a great job too in DH, specifically for the battle in Hogwarts scene. I have to agree with MIASelene, when we were having a discussion about the movie, that DH is going to be packed with action and that they are just trying to make HP-enthusiasts hungry for fight scenes and the like.
DorcasCrooc
DorcasCrooc
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

http://www.twiiter.com/emotionalgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by toshiyagirl 2009-07-28, 11:26

hindi ko din napansin si cho hahaha
toshiyagirl
toshiyagirl

http://robinamae.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blowfish 2009-07-28, 12:52

nick_11 wrote:
wala si scrimgeour (tama ba spelling?)...

Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, namention indirectly si Rufus Scrimgeour. Nung pumunta si Bella at Cissy sa house ni Severus, nagbabasa ng newspaper si Severus. Nakalagay sa isang headline na may bagong Minister of Magic na. Smile
blowfish
blowfish

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_11 2009-07-28, 18:28

nakuu... kelangan ko talagang panuorin ulet yung hbp...
ang dami kong na-miss na details including yung kay scrimgeour...huhu... once ko palang kasi napanood. thanks for informing me Very Happy
aabangan ko nalang yung pirated dvds. haha! kidding...

Last edited by nick_11 on 2009-07-28, 18:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)
nick_11
nick_11

Back to top Go down

Post by auror_alvin 2009-07-31, 10:54

may mga scenes na super nagustuhan ko yung pagpapakita sa movie at may mga scenes din na inabangan ko pero wala haha as usual, kapag nagexpect ka, medyo mabibitin ka. pero kapag hindi ka nagexpect, matutuwa ka sa movie sobra!!! ahaha Very Happy
auror_alvin
auror_alvin

http://alvinsuarez.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-31, 19:07

may na download ako sa net na HBP. well napanood ko ulet, of course.
ngayon mas tanggap ko na yung mga deleted parts, kahit yung mga deleted parts pa yung gusto ko talagang makita.

I think it's okay na may deleted parts para at least hindi naman parang copy paste yung movie. saka at least kaabang abang ang DH Very Happy
janelmendoza
janelmendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by doc_ardyey 2009-07-31, 19:14

i think i saw Cho Chang in the quidditch match but not in the wand tribute... nag hahalucinate ata ako..

well yup... most of the scenes were like give away for those na hindi talaga nag babasa... like the stones (as mentioned by lianne)
doc_ardyey
doc_ardyey
Lost in the castle hallways

http://www.quackpack.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next