Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances

+22
nick_11
safaia1809
milkteafancy
blowfish
iamcaryl
minamic
wittymudblood
kimlinheung
garette
Siyuske_Tryeth
trishang
toshiyagirl
lianne
pensieve
pipeclay
romaiel
galenlondeien
dark_knightz14
janelmendoza
gelai
auror_alvin
yvaine
26 posters

Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances Empty [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances

Post by yvaine 2009-07-20, 11:49

We're going to break down the discussions for the movie so that we don't get a bunch of incoherent threads.

This thread is for discussion of the cast's performances in the movie. Who were your favorites? Who did a great job portraying their characters? Who didn't? You don't have to post based on these questions, these are just guides. You're free to post, as long as it's ABOUT THE CAST PERFORMANCES.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine
Deputy Headmistress / Gryffindor Head of House

https://hogwartsphils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances Empty Re: [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances

Post by auror_alvin 2009-07-20, 17:17

i think emma watson have played hermione's part so well!!! she even made me cry!!! ahaha i think she ought to be a really really good actress someday!!!
love life, loss of a headmaster and humor of a friend, everyhting has been great for emma watson in this movie!!! she's really pretty!!! wahehe Wink
auror_alvin
auror_alvin
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

http://alvinsuarez.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

[Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances Empty Re: [Spoilers] HBP Movie Discussions: Cast Performances

Post by gelai 2009-07-20, 17:54

i think this is the first time I found Harry's character funny... marunong na mag patawa si Daniel..

Emma is still superb.. facial expressions are really good..

Rupert.. next comedy actor?? i can feel that he really loves what he's doing..

Michael Gambon.. he's better if he doesn't shout.. can't remember what was that movie, all he did (in my opinion) was to shout..

Helena Bonham Carter... good good good.. one of my fave.. ^^

that's it muna..

EDIT:

@Prof Meann: ay ayun! tama! tama! labas sentido...

Last edited by gelai on 2009-07-20, 18:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mali mali sa type..)
gelai
gelai
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-20, 17:57

Sana lang, marunong tumawa naturally si Emma Watson. Hehehe. Yung tawa nya dun sa part sa Burrow when the Trio was talking about Dumbledore's age? It sounded and looked kinda fake. But I liked her dun sa Oppugno scene.

GELAI: Sa Goblet of Fire yata yung Shouting!Dumbledore. Hehe.

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-20, 18:51

ang galing ni emma. dun sa oppugno scene parang gusto ko siyang i-hug. in fairness effective. Razz

tapos ang galing ni dan nung nakainom siya ng felix felicis. ang funny nung nagca-clap siya dun sa hut ni hagrid saka nung sinabi niya yung "pop". hahaha. (pop nga ba?) Razz

tapos ang funny and cute ni ron dun sa love potion scene. it was as if super nagayuma talaga siya. yung type ng gayuma na wala ng lunas. hahaha Razz

kay lavender brown di ko maintindihan kung gusto ko ba matawa or kung gusto ko ba siya sabunutan nung sinasabi niya yung "won won". hahaha Razz
pero nakakaaliw nung para siyang papatay after nila mag break ni ron. Razz
janelmendoza
janelmendoza
Running Away From A Troll In The Dungeon

http://janelmendoza.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dark_knightz14 2009-07-21, 18:20

i can't stop saying that i found emma.. sexy and cute and the acting is good especially nung umiiyak siya...

ron... is funny.. haha.. super funny siya..
"these gurls are gonna kill me"

and harry thin.. improved a lot and more ramdam ko siya dito.. how his expressions dictate the events even without words.. and i noticed how he kept smiling..

Snape, well... di ko talaga siya ramdam... mas gusto ko pa din siya sa order of phoenix...

si lav-lav... nyahahah.. less words more action.. pero once she speaks.. laughter should be next... but from that alam ko na effective siya.. kasi di pwedeng di mo siya mapapansin...

Ginny... was a model figure.. nyahaha antangkad nya.. and i found her taking some of the spotlight.. pero in my own personal opinion eh she should have more of it talaga.. the kissing scene.. so unrealistic...
dark_knightz14
dark_knightz14

Back to top Go down

Post by galenlondeien 2009-07-21, 20:30

There is a great improvement in the main casts' performances in this movie.

Dan became more mature and even funnier. He showed the sensitive side Harry has especially when he's interacting with Dumbledore.

Emma is less shriek-y/hysterical. I like the way she subtly shows Hermione's mushy/jealous side.

Rupert has always been awesome. He is JK Rowling's Ron Weasley-- from the facial expressions to the comedic acting. I can't think of anyone else to portray him.

I missed Sir Richard Harris but Sir Michael Gambon executed Dumbledore's cave scene and death scene perfectly.

I don't have any complaints with the rest of the cast. I just hope they all have more screen time in the next movies.

Smile
galenlondeien
galenlondeien

http://karenkristie.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by romaiel 2009-07-21, 20:44

yvaine wrote:Sana lang, marunong tumawa naturally si Emma Watson. Hehehe. Yung tawa nya dun sa part sa Burrow when the Trio was talking about Dumbledore's age? It sounded and looked kinda fake. But I liked her dun sa Oppugno scene.

Like a Star @ heaven
I agree. No offense to Emma Watson fans pero it sounded really unnatural/forced when she laughed sa Burrow. However, for me, she redeemed herself in the Slughorn Christmas Party. Very Happy

I never had any problems in the acting department for the experienced actors and actresses in the series. They're really indeed British's finest.

However, on the younger set, I must say I am thoroughly impressed with Rupert Grint. He gets better and better every film. I loved also the performances of Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright and Jessie Cave. Even if Jessie's a newbie, she made her presence felt the same way Evanna did when she appeared in OotP. I'm not sure I can say the same for Katie Leung when I first saw her in GoF but that's just me. Smile
romaiel
romaiel
Ravenclaw Prefect

Location : apparating between the national library & avilon zoo

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2009-07-21, 20:49

dark_knightz14 wrote:
and harry thin.. improved a lot and more ramdam ko siya dito.. how his expressions dictate the events even without words.. and i noticed how he kept smiling..

Snape, well... di ko talaga siya ramdam... mas gusto ko pa din siya sa order of phoenix...

Ginny... was a model figure.. nyahaha antangkad nya.. and i found her taking some of the spotlight.. pero in my own personal opinion eh she should have more of it talaga.. the kissing scene.. so unrealistic...

oh yes i agree kuya sean! si snape... halos hindi ko napansin. as if hindi siya yung half-blood prince.

i like harry's smile. onti na lang kikiligin na ako. hahaha Razz Very Happy

tapos si ginny, tama po kayo. mas maganda kung mas marami siyang scenes. sa yung kissing din po. sheesh. feeling ko nanonood ako ng barney. hahaha, joke Razz opinion ko lang ito Very Happy
janelmendoza
janelmendoza
Running Away From A Troll In The Dungeon

http://janelmendoza.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pipeclay 2009-07-21, 22:32

@ Rome: between Katie and Jessie, mas effective sakin si Jessie.. nakakairita syang nakakatawa.. natural na natural ang acting.. iniisip ko tuloy kung ganun talaga sya in person.. si Katie parang naging extra nalang sa quidditch.. ni hindi nga sya napansin ng ibang kasama ko manood..

I'd say all of them improved talaga.. I like Evanna.. kuhang kuha nya kasi character ni Luna.. i haven't heard her talk in her normal voice (as evanna).. pero every time na nakikita ko sya, lagi kong naiisip ang "quibbler.. quibbler.." line nya..

Talk about kissing scene.. hayz.. sana kay Ginny nalang yung mas matagal na scene (kesa kay Katie).. wahehe..
pipeclay
pipeclay
Taking Flying Lessons with Madam Hooch

http://www.iampipeclay.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by romaiel 2009-07-22, 00:23

pipeclay wrote:@ Rome: between Katie and Jessie, mas effective sakin si Jessie.. nakakairita syang nakakatawa.. natural na natural ang acting.. iniisip ko tuloy kung ganun talaga sya in person.. si Katie parang naging extra nalang sa quidditch.. ni hindi nga sya napansin ng ibang kasama ko manood..
To be honest, that's one of the reasons why I want to watch HBP again if only to see Katie Leung. My last viewing was in IMAX and I missed seeing her. Tipong: now you see her, now you don't. I think, na-shell shock pa rin ako sa 3D WB logo kaya I still missed some details even after my second screening. Laughing

pipeclay wrote:Talk about kissing scene.. hayz.. sana kay Ginny nalang yung mas matagal na scene (kesa kay Katie).. wahehe..
Ako rin. I was expecting something longer and less, uh, chaste especially because of how it was described in the book. But the kilig factor was still there. Smile
romaiel
romaiel
Ravenclaw Prefect

Location : apparating between the national library & avilon zoo

Back to top Go down

Post by pensieve 2009-07-22, 02:03

EVANNA became a favorite since OoTP pa... she is soooo LUNA... iba talga pagFAN... she admits to being an HP fan before she was casted, tama ba?...

i agree... EMMA did improve... and so did DANIEL...

RUPERT was cute and effective as always...

i loved TOM FELTON in HBP... i cried with him sa bathroom scene...

SIR MICHAEL GAMBON was a good dumbledore... pero parang may kulang... di ko pa maisip kung ano...

sa susunod na lang comments ko about the rest of the characters... hehe Razz
pensieve
pensieve

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-22, 02:34

*APPLAUSE*

I don't think I have much to complain about in terms of the acting department:

1.) Emma - Para sakin sobrang laki ng improvement. Malapit nako mag-give up sa kanya but I think she redeemed herself in this movie. There were moments wherein I was about to cringe, knowing that she was about to speak (expecting something hysterical from her), but it didn't come. I felt her pain, frustration, excitement, kilig, happiness, etc. Hopefully she improves more in DH.

2.) Sir Michael - Zee book Dumbledore. FINALLY! The energy, brilliance and weakness of the character was finally conveyed in the right moments.

3.) Jim - The BEST new teacher in the series. I love his Slughorn. He made me forget the Slughorn in my head. Period.

4.) Frank Dillane - He's the Teenage Tom in my head. Christian Coulson who? One word to describe his portrayal of young Tom, CREEPY. Gawhd! The pauses, the looks, everything!

5.) Alan - I'm sorry Alan lovers, but I'm not a big fan of his portrayal of Snape in the past five movies. I think I'm alone in this, but I found his facial expressions in the past movies too monotonous? Just like the way he deliver his lines. But here in HBP, he's improved. I can actually see stories being told from the way he looked, talked and reacted. Hehe

6.) Tom - YOU SHINE! Because his character was portrayed too much like just a bullying git in the past five movies, HBP became his shining moment.
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2009-07-22, 10:11

I also liked Frank Dillane (Teenage Tom Riddle). Grabe, ang creepy niya. His Tom is more subtle than Christian Coulson's portrayal in CoS, but he really captured the cunning, charming, smooth Tom from the book. And ang galing ng casting department kasi magkamukha talaga sila ni Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (Young Tom). Hehe. I've been really happy with all the Tom/Voldie actors so far!

Like a Star @ heaven
yvaine
yvaine

Back to top Go down

Post by pipeclay 2009-07-22, 10:54

i didn't research.. Frank Dillane pala name nya.. well, i like him too.. bookish ang pagkaka-portray.. I didn't realize na magkamukha sila ni Young Tom (di ako magaling tumingin sa ganito) pero Frank did well on his part.. parang my god... this is really what Lord Voldermort on his Hogwarts days..

Alan may be monotonous in the past movies, but i always like the way he speak.. pag nagbabasa ako ng book, yung way ng pag-deliver ni Snape sa movie ang nai-imagine ko (that means effective sya sakin).. Pero sa HBP, panalo facial expression nya sakin dun sa Unbreakable Vow.. the look in his eyes sa final vow.. parang teary na may fear na di ko masabi.. Hindi ko kasi naimagine na ganun ang magiging look on his face when i read the book..
pipeclay
pipeclay

http://www.iampipeclay.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by toshiyagirl 2009-07-22, 11:05

mga characters na napansin ko sa movie na to, si evanna, kahit sandali lang sya pinakita nung first part of the movie, nag iwan sya ng mark saken haha..

tom felton also did a good job lalo na dun sa breakdown scene nya sa bathroom, i felt his anguish.. nag iimprove din si dan lalo na sa mga humorous scene, panalo.. pero pinaka nakakatawa padin si rupert for me haha.. ok din si jessie cave kaso, parang na-OA-an ako sa acting nya..

oh and of course, si helena bonham carter.. so effective as bellatrix
toshiyagirl
toshiyagirl

http://robinamae.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trishang 2009-07-22, 11:06

My fave HP character for this film would be Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)! 1000 slow claps for you! It was so different from all the Draco Malfoys from the past five films. Now, Draco became more interesting, layered and darker. Hindi na siya pang-inis nalang kay Harry. May be because in the book, sa 6th film lang siya nagkaroon ng super major part.

I love JESSICA CLAVES! The one who played Lav-Lav! She was sooo good! Grabeh. Super unforgettable yung performance niya. She was so effective! Wow! Can't wait to see her in other films. Smile
trishang
trishang
Settling Into the Dormitories

http://twitter.com/#!/shangkeeness

Back to top Go down

Post by Siyuske_Tryeth 2009-07-22, 12:42

i would have to say that SNAPE wasn't all that effective. i was expecting him to be the star of the show, the main man - but, he was actually just given a side role. pero even though kulang ung opportunity niya, the actor himself should have played the intimidating part like he did in the previous movies.

draco malfoy - he was so emo, at least nag ka buhay na talaga yung character niya, hindi na lang siya bully or pang inis sa buhay nila harry. well played!

Bellatrix - hats off!

LavLav - she was so effective, she was supposed to make the audience feel awkward towards her, and she did. not only that, she made a lot of people annoyed sa character niya - which she is supposed to do naman talaga! haha
Siyuske_Tryeth
Siyuske_Tryeth
Head Boy

http://fzierom015.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2009-07-22, 13:40

From the trailers, I thought I'd hate Jessie Cave's Lavender. Suprisingly (yes another one) I just found her hilarious! Smile

While she's still not the Lav in my head, I think Jessie took the character and made it her own. Not a bad thing as Lav really isn't that big a role anyways.
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by galenlondeien 2009-07-22, 19:21

yvaine wrote:
And ang galing ng casting department kasi magkamukha talaga sila ni Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (Young Tom). !

Like a Star @ heaven

Oo napansin din namin yun! Magkamukha nga! Ang galing. Hehe! Same acting. Same face. Same creepiness. Razz
galenlondeien
galenlondeien

http://karenkristie.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by garette 2009-07-22, 19:29

Michael Gambon moved me. As well as yun performance ni Emma.

Snape's expressions were believable and exactly what every scene of him needed.

The actor who portrays Slughorn was someone I really am not expecting.

And syempre, si Tom Felton, panalo ang performance nya for this movie. He's my favorite in this one. Hehe.
garette
garette

http://www.garettepotter.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kimlinheung 2009-07-22, 23:27

Alan Rickman and Michael Gambon made me cry twice sa dalawang beses ko ng panonood. That's how effective they are as actors in this movie.

The trio really improved! Halata naman po diba? Very Happy

TOM FELTON! IDOL! You clearly shined in this film.

Evanna and Jessica were total laughtrips but they were adorable as well.
kimlinheung
kimlinheung

http://flavors.me/kimlinheung

Back to top Go down

Post by wittymudblood 2009-07-23, 01:00

I will start with Tom Felton (Draco), since he was my first crush when the movie series starts. His character transforms from light comedial act to mature and full-grown character. He is hotter than before. He is hotter than Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and Rupert Grint (Ron), though he doesn’t possess such muscular features. The truth is I prefer guys with slim outline. The fact that he wears such decent attire of mainly black clothing contributes much to his hotness. I just don’t like his facial appearance whenever the camera focuses at him. It is much better when I am viewing his full body feature. Acting, two thumbs-up! Ako’y na-touch sa kanya ng bonggang-bongga when he’s attempting to kill Dumbledore and he just can’t. Aww, kawawa naman si Draco.

Ron, sexy! He was still a comedian for me. But additional to his comical role, he is really a sweetheart on this one. Too many kissing scenes with Lavender, I don’t appreciate it much. Acting is very good as usual. He is now my apple of the eye. He, soon, will be growing more and more mature and responsible. Can’t wait for the last movie!

Hermione is still Hermione. She tends to overact especially with her scenes of jealousy with Ron. That’s it. And Harry, oh no! I don’t know what to say. Nothing really is exceptional. Haha I am just not fond of his character. And Ginny, she’s not that stunning as she was in the previous movies. Lavender, on the other hand, is pretty annoying. Well, that was I thought what she was portraying, so good job for her. Luna, what about her? She’s pretty and I like what she has put on her head (Lion’s head) during the Quidditch match. Fred and George, what can we expect? There is really a little appearance for them, but it was good that they still have participation in the movie, unlike Crabbe and Goyle. I have never seen them marching with Draco. Or have I not noticed them in the Hogwarts compartment? Anyway, they are not part of the story anymore. Draco becomes so independent with his mission from the Dark Lord.

Going to the Hogwarts staff, Professor Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) is okay. But I still prefer the old Dumbledore (Richard Harris) from HP1 and HP2 movies. Professor McGonagall is still superb. Professor Snape, for me is convincing. Nothing changes with their appearances and representation. Professor Slughorn is much younger as I thought. I neither hate nor love his character. There is nothing much to say with Hagrid.

About those Death Eaters, my favorite was Bellatrix. Since she was introduced in the book, I am very fond of her character being described as the beautiful cousin of Sirius Black. She is still dark and evil. I really like her! Narcissa or Cissy, Draco’s mother, I never imagined her as older as she was in the movie. I thought she is as young as Bella.
wittymudblood
wittymudblood

http://www.maryjunnette.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by minamic 2009-07-23, 18:52

With the casting, both Tom Riddles (the child and the teenager) stood out for me. Frank Dillane's portrayal especially had the right kind of charm with an underlying sinisterness--you're almost convinced he's innocent, but somewhere at the back of your mind, there are alarm bells ringing. And I must agree as to how uncanny it is that he looked like Orphanage-Tom. Razz

Jessie Cave/Lavender Brown... reminded me of Ermengarde, from the Princess Sarah movie.

Evanna Lynch. I love her. She's so intentionally daft. Sometimes, I don't even think she's acting anymore. It just feels like "Luna" comes so naturally for her. Like, more natural than Daniel Radcliffe was at first as Harry.

Overall, I have very little complaints about the casting and the acting. I think most of the actors have grown into their roles that it's almost normal for them to think and act like their characters. (I still love the Weasley/Phelps twins! Wish they had more screentime.) I'm imagining the last wrap for the franchise will be very nostalgic, like it was for Peter Jackson and LotR.
minamic
minamic

Back to top Go down

Post by iamcaryl 2009-07-23, 19:57

I absolutely love Rupert in HBP. Very natural ang acting, and sobrang funny sa scenes niya with Jessie saka sa love potion.
Freddie Stroma (Cormac McLaggen), oh my gosh, I didn't expect him to be that gorgeous. I really liked the Slug Club scene--both seductive and kinda perverted. Razz (I I love you you Freddie)
The young Tom Riddle made me cringe! At first I kinda found his acting, uhm, gayish? because of the way he looks at Slughorn.
Sometimes I can't quite understand what Jim Broadbent's saying, lalo na dun sa scene na pumayag na siya na bumalik sa Hogwarts.
Evanna, as before, I liked her acting. She plays Luna's role so well that when I remember Luna, her face pops up in my head.
Emma Watson was great on the Oppugno scene. I really felt her heart break as she was crying.
Tom Felton, overall he did great, although I think his expression in "I have to do this" scene is kind of weird. Shocked
iamcaryl
iamcaryl
Being Interrogated About Bezoars

http://iamcaryl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blowfish 2009-07-24, 22:59

lianne wrote:
4.) Frank Dillane - He's the Teenage Tom in my head. Christian Coulson who? One word to describe his portrayal of young Tom, CREEPY. Gawhd! The pauses, the looks, everything!

Naku! Walang sinabi ang performance ni Coulson sa ginawa ni Dillane! The way he said, "Intuition". Wow. And that smile, well, not smile, pero when his lips curled up after he said, "Of course, sir." sa real memory ni Slughorn. Galing.

Ang talagang hindi ko makakalimutan eh yung itsura ni Julie Walters (Molly) nung nasusunog na ang Burrow.
blowfish
blowfish
Feasting in the Great Hall

http://twitter.com/camilleisleta

Back to top Go down

Post by milkteafancy 2009-07-24, 23:02

I agree with Emma Watson's improvement in her acting. (I remember a friend saying that Emma has two facial expressions: annoyed and more annoyed in the previous movies.) Marunong na siyang tumawa! Razz I like how her role in this movie is gentler and more relatable.

Daniel Radcliffe -- I find him funny in the Felix Felicis scenes. Very Happy He's also improving.

Rupert Grint -- consistent. He fits Ron Weasley to a T.

Tom Felton -- Bravo! I like his performance! I can really see his anxiousness and how his mission drains him. He really looks like an assassin. He was dressed to kill in the end. Did anyone else notice that he was wearing a suit in the end? bounce

Hero Fiennes-Tiffin and Frank Dillane -- Serial killer ambience. Need I say more? Razz

On a more random note, Alan Rickman's voice is love. Even if he says the most simple things, I sit up and hang on to every word he says. I love you
milkteafancy
milkteafancy
Feasting in the Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by safaia1809 2009-07-26, 17:55

like what the others thinking, i thought alan rickman (as severus snape) would be the highlight of this movie since we all knew that he's the half-blood prince. but it seems like there's less action from his scene (unlike in the duel scene between dan and tom).

and speaking of tom felton, i really like his performance...compared to the previous ones. as draco malfoy, he was chosen to kill prof. dumbledore but then, he tried to control himself.

about jessie cave? Rolling Eyes she's kinda hilarious but other than that, i found her very outrageous that sometimes, i don't wanna see her flirting with rupert like crazy. hahaha!

emma, wow! she cried from the 1st and 4th movie but i love her crying scene in the 6th movie. it's like her heart was struck by the painful memory of ron and lavender kissing each other. very heartfelt, isn't it?:-)
safaia1809
safaia1809

http://rosesapphire.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_11 2009-07-27, 23:27

ang cute ng guy who played Cormac... he reminds me of Ryan Philippe...

i love jessie cave... ang galing niya!!! nakakatuwa siya pag sinasabi niya yung "won won" haha!!!

i didn't like the teenage tom... ewan ko kung baket...

mahal ko na si draco... Tom Felton rocks!!! ganda pa ng boses niya pag kumakanta...

nga pala, sino dun ung nabalitang namatay na cast? ung stabbed to death sa labas ng isang club???
nick_11
nick_11

Back to top Go down

Post by lainedogelio 2009-07-29, 20:13

the casts were all good especially hermione, harry, and ron. and also the boy, oh, i forgot his name? Laughing
lainedogelio
lainedogelio
Just got off the Hogwarts Express

Back to top Go down

Post by wee99 2009-07-30, 17:01

emma-favorite part ko sa kanya ehh yung oppugno scene rin..tapus kinilig ako nung ni-hug niya si harry..haha..

dan-yeah..natuwa rin ako sa kanya nung nakainom siya ng felix felicis..para siyang nabangag nuon..hehe..

helena bonham-carter-the best!!haha..nuong una ko siyang nakita sa order ata yun..alam ko magaling talaga..haha..

rupert-may improvement..*speechless*

evanna-i really love her!!kuhang-kuha niya yung description ni luna lovegood sa book..

^^,
wee99
wee99

Back to top Go down

Post by auror_alvin 2009-07-31, 10:48

Si Daniel medyo out of his comfort zone so far ang comedy pero for a start, super entertaining yung comic scenes niya dun sa movie lalo na nung ininom niya na yung felix felicis and may part dun na parang ginagaya niya yung pagsasalita ni prof. slughorn haha i appreciated it... Very Happy
Si Rupert was a natural. haha Very Happy
auror_alvin
auror_alvin

http://alvinsuarez.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaBlue 2009-08-06, 11:13

Dan - favorite ko yung felix felicis sequence from the "Hi!" sa common room hanggang sa pincers ni Aragog, lmao talaga Laughing

Rupert + love potion = funny! Nakaktawa siya, yinakap pa niya si Slughorn! Haha, "I love to hug!" (Tama ba yun ang sinabi niya?)

Emma - I like her in this one, hindi masyadong OA...ang kilay niya! It barely moved! Sorry, distraction kasi talaga sa kin ang kilay niya. Pero I felt really bad for Hermione nung "Oppugno!" "How does it feel, Harry...?" Sad Gusto ko siyang i-hug.

Hero Fiennes-Tiffin and Frank Dillane - creepy. Enough said.

Jessie Cave - I love to hate her!! I roll my eyes every time she's on screen! Ang landi landi niya! "I miss you!" Oh please!!! Rolling Eyes
AmandaBlue
AmandaBlue

https://www.facebook.com/amandablueRN

Back to top Go down

Post by miss a.m. 2009-08-06, 19:28

Well, it's been a generally agreed observation that the HP franchise probably has one of the best ensemble casts out there (of course, this is a very biased opinion hahaha)Razz ... and they've been able to sustain - even improve- the performances as the series matures.

Most of you have already expounded on the growth of the major actors in HBP - practically everyone stepped up! *clap*clap*clap ... And those with limited screen time still delivered as expected... Truly, the Harry Potter films can no longer be called lightweights in the acting department - they can proudly match up to any serious, adult films out there. Wink

What I can share are just observations from the multiple screenings I've been to, and the performances that got most of the audience reaction... Among the actors and moments that got me and other viewers responding were:

Jessie Cave as Lavender Brown - easily the scene stealer in any frame she's in hahaha... This girl's hilarious, seriously! You could hear the audience sniggering whenever she's in a scene - talagang ina-anticipate yung mga lines and antics nya.. I think her comic timing is impeccable - and she's quite adept in physical comedy - I can actually imagine her doing spoofs in Saturday Night Live or some show like that... Whenever sinasabi na nya yung line sa infirmary - "He senses my presence.." - napapa-ROFL talaga ako! LOL!

Frank Dillane as 16-year old Tom Riddle - this has been oft-repeated... but really, this guy was Mr. Creepy, chillingly, effectively so... Dalawang scenes lang yun with Frank Dillane but these made so much difference in making HBP such a well-executed film... Actors like these make your screenplay work, and sa first word/line pa lang nya na "Sir..." (I dunno if digitally enhanced yung voice, but you know what I mean when I say it kinda makes the hair on the back of your neck curl) - you knew this was Voldemort in the making.

Michael Gambon as Prof. Dumbledore - Brilliant! Enough said... And the easy chemistry between him and Daniel Radcliffe made this a finely acted film.

Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy - some ladies seated next to me fussed "oh, he's no longer cute!" as in the early movies hehehe... but there's no denying it, Tom delivered an intense, well-studied performance (who'd have known, watching SS then).

The Trio with Jessie Cave from the Quidditch after-game victory kiss to the Oppugno aftermath - these scenes elicited much reaction from the different audiences - from laughter to catcalls to sighs to "tsks" to "aaahhh." The young ones continue to grow in this craft, and I can't wait to see what they'll turn in sa next two films. Smile
miss a.m.
miss a.m.
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down