Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 21 - 25: A room, a burial, horcruxes, a spell, and something overheard

2 posters

Go down

Chapters 21 - 25: A room, a burial, horcruxes, a spell, and something overheard Empty Chapters 21 - 25: A room, a burial, horcruxes, a spell, and something overheard

Post by geewitch 2011-07-10, 22:09

Hello everyone! This is just the first chapter for this topic block and I'll post more as we go along. Enjoy!

Prof G
---

In the previous chapter we learn two more things about Tom Riddle: that he’s seen the Slytherin locket and the Hufflepuff cup days before the mysterious death of their possessor, Hepzibah Smith; and that Riddle asked for the DADA position but it was not given to him, which, by Dumbledore’s admission began what became a cursed position at Hogwarts.

Chapter 21: The Unknowable Room

A bullet summary of this chapter is outlined below:
• The trio talk about Apparitions tests;
• Harry still has to retrieve Slughorn’s memory;
• Harry finds out about Draco’s frequent trips to the Room of Requirements, thanks to the detective work of both Kreacher and Dobby;
• Moaning Myrtle has a new boy friend; and
• Harry runs into Tonks who seemed a bit distracted and ill at ease.

1) “Harry did not sleep well that night. He lay awake for what felt like hours, wondering how Malfoy was using the Room of Requirement and what he, Harry, would see when he went in there the following day, for whatever Hermione said, Harry was sure that if Malfoy had been able to see the headquarters of the D.A., he would be able to see Malfoy’s…what could it be? A meeting place? A hideout? A storeroom? A workshop? Harry’s mind worked feverishly and his dreams, when he finally fell asleep, were broken and disturbed by images of Malfoy, who turned into Slughorn, who turned into Snape…”

a. Knowing full well how important getting Slughorn’s memory was, why do you think Harry had honed in on finding out what Malfoy was up to?

b. Did you believe Harry when he told Hermione “until I get a brain wave why shouldn’t I find out what Malfoy’s doing?” Why or why not?

c. If you were the one trying to access the Room of Requirement, what thoughts might you concentrate on?

2) Harry and Ron find Moaning Myrtle in the boys’ bathroom:

“Oh,” she said glumly. “It’s you two.”

“Who were you expecting?” said Ron, looking at her in the mirror.

Myrtle describes this mystery boy saying, “I mean he’s sensitive, people bully him too, and he feels lonely and hasn’t got anybody to talk to, and he’s not afraid to show his feelings and cry!”

a. At this point, who did you suspect was Myrtle’s new male friend?

b. Based on what you know about Moaning Myrtle, could you ever see yourself being her friend? Why or why not?

3) Harry bumps into Tonks while he's on Malfoy watch and finds her distracted and nearly in tears when he mentions Sirius' name. When Harry discusses this with Ron and Hermione, he comes to the conclusion that maybe she was in love with Sirius.

a. Did you come to the same conclusion as Harry? Support your answer.

b. Describe your Patronus and tell us why you chose it.

geewitch
geewitch
Lady of the Woods

Back to top Go down

Chapters 21 - 25: A room, a burial, horcruxes, a spell, and something overheard Empty Re: Chapters 21 - 25: A room, a burial, horcruxes, a spell, and something overheard

Post by loonyphy 2011-07-10, 22:34

a. Knowing full well how important getting Slughorn’s memory was, why do you think Harry had honed in on finding out what Malfoy was up to?

--I think Harry is very determined to prove that he is right about his guess on Malfoy. Ron and Hermione had been reluctant in believing in him, so I think he was even more determined than before to prove that he was right all along.

b. Did you believe Harry when he told Hermione “until I get a brain wave why shouldn’t I find out what Malfoy’s doing?” Why or why not?

--With the way Harry acted, Yes. There was a clear DESPERATION and FRUSTRATION to find out what Malfoy's up to.

c. If you were the one trying to access the Room of Requirement, what thoughts might you concentrate on?

--Sorry I didn't quite catch this question Prof G. :-(

2) Harry and Ron find Moaning Myrtle in the boys’ bathroom:

“Oh,” she said glumly. “It’s you two.”

“Who were you expecting?” said Ron, looking at her in the mirror.

Myrtle describes this mystery boy saying, “I mean he’s sensitive, people bully him too, and he feels lonely and hasn’t got anybody to talk to, and he’s not afraid to show his feelings and cry!”

a. At this point, who did you suspect was Myrtle’s new male friend?

-- At first, I think it's Neville because the description fits him. Razz People do bully him, he feels lonely and hasn't got anybody to talk to--since he's kinda accident prone person or perhaps, because Neville isn't smart as everyone else. He's not afraid of to show his feelings and cry.

b. Based on what you know about Moaning Myrtle, could you ever see yourself being her friend? Why or why not?

--No, I am really annoyed at Myrtle. She's being sarcastic and rejects friendship in a way, though I can't blame her. She has HIGHLY UNUSUAL mood swings that I guess, I wouldn't be able to stand.

3) Harry bumps into Tonks while he's on Malfoy watch and finds her distracted and nearly in tears when he mentions Sirius' name. When Harry discusses this with Ron and Hermione, he comes to the conclusion that maybe she was in love with Sirius.

a. Did you come to the same conclusion as Harry? Support your answer.

--Not really, I didn't think she was in love with Sirius. I guessed that she just misses Sirius after all, they're relatives and being in the Order somehow made them closer.

b. Describe your Patronus and tell us why you chose it.

--If I could have my own Patronus, it would probably be a Vixen. I see fox as a symbol of pride and dignity, courage, and wisdom as well. Whenever I think of a fox, my immediate thoughts are that they are species which exudes bravery and indeed, cunning and wise. I, myself value dignity and courage. And being in Slytherin too, I see myself cunning in some ways too. :-)
loonyphy
loonyphy
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down