Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

+34
Iā™„AstoriaGreengrass
beverly09
ynaffit225
dementedlouise
Isabellatrix
allanwhistletop
loonyphy
janelmendoza
aria.frost
harrys_patronus
siriuslystrange
Nargles and Snorkacks
hermgranger
ichiro_malfoy
simplyJD
17veronne
kaimikichan
Tazana_Gryffin
Void
raine07
katokat
theinkedquill
Black_Neo
zoeweasley
Elerrina
yvaine
lordartworks
Caito_Kid
tiffy
elletoxicity
khaye007
mitchie08
DADAProfAE
lianne
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-01, 17:55

Still have no luck at Pottermore. :-( Crying or Very sad

Extremely needs Felix Felicis. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 876171
loonyphy
loonyphy
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-01, 20:03

I finally got in!! WOOOT. I think it was only open for two hours & today's answer was http://quill.pottermore.com/588
The username given to me was GoldMarauder, hell yeah! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 778441

siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange
Feasting in the Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-01, 20:16

Hello guys... I know this may be a bit off the topic, but I just have a question... Um, has anyone of you already found the quill and sort of registered?

Its just frustrating, (sorry... being a bit childish here.. Razz) because I was LITERALLY waiting for the Magical Quill... I had the POTTERMORE Website open for the past 2 hours... And when I refreshed it, its said that I cannot access it at the moment... So, I waited... And waited... When I refreshed it again... Day 2 Registration is already closed... Sad What do you think is the best time for me to look for the Magical Quill? I'd like to try again tomorrow... But If the same thing happens again... I guess I should just wait for October... Smile

* Good job, siriuslystrange! *wink*
harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus
Just got off the Hogwarts Express

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2011-08-01, 21:03

based on its first two days of early registration, i think it opens around 4:30pm-ish. Just keep refreshing, try different browsers, and stuff. And make sure you have great net connection.

I was frustrated too, why there's a loop of me inputting the magical quill url and loading me back to the pottermore homepage. turns out, my answer was wrong Razz well, I just based my answer on the first thing that appeared to my Google Search page. Too lazy to check out the book or even think about it because I've been panicking that every second counts, and any cause of delay would prevent me from registering. That was very un-Ravenclaw, thus adds my fear of being sorted into other Houses (damn that Sorting Goblet!, right FC?).

Anyway, I'm MagicWillow48 at Pottermore. Care to share your Pottermore identities?
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-01, 21:06

Hi! Ganyan din situation ko kahapon, so I definitely understand the frustration. What time did you open the pottermore website? Kasi 2-3 hours lang siya available, full na agad yung registry.
Try mo earlier bukas, baka mga 4-5 ulit siya mag-open. Kasi pag 6 na dami nang online eh.

Anyway, I'm MagicWillow48 at Pottermore. Care to share your Pottermore identities?
Heheh, cool. I'm GoldMarauder (with some # din at the end) .. I was so happy that the word "Marauder" was there, kaya lang the "gold" part sounds cheesy Laughing But pa yung friend ko, CloakMarauder nakuha niya.
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-01, 21:47

Finally registered and I got my email too from Pottermore :-) Ang bilis lang nung sakin. Within 3-5 minutes dumating na ang owl ko. Smile) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-01, 22:35

lianne wrote:
hermgranger wrote:Let's do hope we will be included in the first 1M for the beta phase Smile Do you think you'll be sorted into the same house or a different one?
You know, that's one of my worries. LOL
I don't know how to be in another house.

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 909172
I don't know what I'll do if I don't get Sorted into Ravenclaw. Neutral

By the way, to those who've registered successfully but have yet to receive a verification owl, the Pottermore Insider says:
There is a delay with verification emails going out via Yahoo! Mail and related providers (such as BT Yahoo!), which means that, while emails are being sent out, they are being delivered at a greatly reduced rate.
My owl finally made its way to me two hours after I registered.
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

http://latentshutterbug.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-01, 23:16

Congrats to everyone who got in! Care to share your usernames? Very Happy
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-01, 23:38

LeviosaSky28 ;-) What about you?
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elerrina 2011-08-02, 11:19

hermgranger wrote:based on its first two days of early registration, i think it opens around 4:30pm-ish. Just keep refreshing, try different browsers, and stuff. And make sure you have great net connection.

I was frustrated too, why there's a loop of me inputting the magical quill url and loading me back to the pottermore homepage. turns out, my answer was wrong Razz well, I just based my answer on the first thing that appeared to my Google Search page. Too lazy to check out the book or even think about it because I've been panicking that every second counts, and any cause of delay would prevent me from registering. That was very un-Ravenclaw, thus adds my fear of being sorted into other Houses (damn that Sorting Goblet!, right FC?).

My experience was kind of weird naman. When I inputted my answer, it redirected me to the Deathly Hallows website at WB, but there was no magic quill there. At first I thought my answer was wrong so I tried again, pero tama naman...di lang ako makapasok for some inexplicable reason Sad

Am I the only one who has experienced this?
Elerrina
Elerrina

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2011-08-02, 11:31

Jacq, you went the right way. You just needed to look for the magic quill on that page O_O You need to click the magic quill on the page to direct you to the registration page. Sayang.
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Elerrina 2011-08-02, 12:17

Waaah, wala akong nakita Sad I searched the page extensively, and may point na medyo clicking randomly nalang in the hopes of finding something. I don't know though if maybe the page just didn't load right (rarr office computer).

Oh well, PoA today. Hope third day's the charm? Very Happy
Elerrina
Elerrina

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2011-08-02, 12:46

it was amongst the pictures in the gallery. as the registration period progressed, pumunta sa lower boxes yung quill, making it trickier to find. kaya yan!
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Elerrina 2011-08-02, 13:24

I need new glasses Laughing

Ihanda na ang PoA trivia!
Elerrina
Elerrina

Back to top Go down

Post by aria.frost 2011-08-02, 13:46

Just in case anyone wants to figure out all the clues (just for fun, like I do) but missed them on Pottermore:

Day 1: How many owl breeds are featured on the sign at Eeylops Owl Emporium in Diagon Alley? (And then multiply the number by 49)

Day 2: In what chapter did Professor McGonagall cancel the Gryffindor-Hufflepuff match? (And then multiply the number by 42)
aria.frost
aria.frost

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchie08 2011-08-02, 14:18

What time is the release of the magical quill today?
mitchie08
mitchie08
Lost in the castle hallways

https://www.facebook.com/mitchiepotter08

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-02, 15:31

mitchie08 wrote:What time is the release of the magical quill today?

No one knows actually. But based from the last 2 days, clue usually shows up from 3:30-6pm time frame. GOOD LUCK! Very Happy
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2011-08-02, 16:24

I wasn't able to check out Pottermore during its first day. Where did the magical quill answer lead to on Day 1?

Yesterday was the Photo Gallery of Deathly Hallows Part 2 at harrypotter.warnerbros.com
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchie08 2011-08-02, 16:36

Ahh. Okay. Thanks!
mitchie08
mitchie08
Lost in the castle hallways

https://www.facebook.com/mitchiepotter08

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 17:36

LeviosaSky28 ;-) What about you?
Ang cute naman Very Happy Mine's GoldMarauder128.

Di pa nag-open yung pottermore, mamaya pa siguro around 5pm .. I'll try to post the answer here as soon as I see the quill Smile
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-02, 18:13

I've had the Pottermore Website open since 3:00PM... And I've been refreshing it every 5mins... I really wish I'd get to find the clue this time...

I need Felix!!! :p

harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2011-08-02, 19:13

how do i levitate the magical quill? hahahaha
janelmendoza
janelmendoza
Running Away From A Troll In The Dungeon

http://janelmendoza.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 19:14

http://quill.pottermore.com/2100

Go get it guys!

how do i levitate the magical quill? hahahaha
Try moving your mouse under the quill. Hover left to right as it rises General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 989359

Last edited by siriuslystrange on 2011-08-02, 19:24; edited 1 time in total
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2011-08-02, 19:23

i am YewBlood65! yaaaaay!!!! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 307817
janelmendoza
janelmendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 19:25

Yay, congrats Janel! cheers
I hope the others will be able to get in, too.
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by janelmendoza 2011-08-02, 19:34

siriuslystrange wrote:Yay, congrats Janel! cheers
I hope the others will be able to get in, too.

Thanks! Very Happy

grabe, i had to download a pdf of PoA because my 3rd and 4th books were borrowed by a friend. nakakaduling maghanap. but i still got in, so it's totally worth the eye damage Laughing
janelmendoza
janelmendoza

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-02, 19:38

DAY 3 CLUE:

In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry's third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch?
Multiply this number by 35.

ANSWER: 6o points. multiply by 35 === 2100

Last edited by loonyphy on 2011-08-02, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 19:47

grabe, i had to download a pdf of PoA because my 3rd and 4th books were borrowed by a friend. nakakaduling maghanap. but i still got in, so it's totally worth the eye damage Very Happy
Heheh wala ba sa google? But I think mas madali nga mghanap sa pdf kesa sa books, atleast pwede ka mag Ctrl+F sa pdf Wink
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-08-02, 20:17

I liked pages related to Harry Potter (and I have liked 80 pages to date) and most of them posted the answers/link itself.

I'm sorry if I re-posted one this evening in FB. Smile

Mas natataranta pa nga ata ako kaysa sa mga hindi pa nakapag-register. lol!

elletoxicity

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-08-02, 20:17

Small points for those na dumaan. Kahit maliit lang. It's fine with me. A support is still a support.

elletoxicity

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-02, 20:13

elletoxicity wrote:I liked pages related to Harry Potter (and I have liked 80 pages to date) and most of them posted the answers/link itself.

I think okay lang yun. :-) Syempre, sino pa ba magtutulungan? Tayo tayo din naman. Sila din naman makaka-interact natin sa Pottermore eh Very Happy
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-08-02, 20:19

loonyphy wrote:

I think okay lang yun. :-) Syempre, sino pa ba magtutulungan? Tayo tayo din naman. Sila din naman makaka-interact natin sa Pottermore eh Very Happy

Haha! Agree. Anyway, mine's SkullStrike110.
I hope someone from PHP will be granted early access, so he/she can "share" the experience to those who are not chosen. Smile

elletoxicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazana_Gryffin 2011-08-02, 20:31

huhuhu still missed out wasn't able to log on.....hope I can get it tomorrow Sad
Tazana_Gryffin
Tazana_Gryffin
Ravenclaw Head of House

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwhistletop 2011-08-02, 20:34

Hi elletoxicity.

Paalala lang. Kung may nauna ka nang naisulat at na-post, i-edit mo na lang ang naunang nausulat para mabawasan ang haba ng thread.

Maraming salamat. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 515665

Last edited by allanwhistletop on 2011-08-02, 20:35; edited 1 time in total
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-08-02, 20:34

elletoxicity wrote:I liked pages related to Harry Potter (and I have liked 80 pages to date) and most of them posted the answers/link itself.

Dear, do be mindful of your posts.
Avoid posting one after the other.
Thanks.

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 909172
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 20:39

^ I think loonyphy has a reply somewhere in between elletoxicity's posts .. Pero nagdisappear yung post. Weird heheh

BTW, siriuslystrange, THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT :-) ang ganda din ng username mo Razz
Thank you! Smile
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwhistletop 2011-08-02, 20:50

siriuslystrange wrote:^ I think loonyphy has a reply somewhere in between elletoxicity's posts .. Pero nagdisappear yung post. Weird heheh

oh, weird! Anyway, I was also talking about posting a message immediately after a message she has posted. She can edit it the original message to avoid prolonging the thread. Just a reminder to everyone for a very smooth operation inside the castle. Cheers! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 537711
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-02, 20:54

Yeah, nawala ang post ko. :-( General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 164478

_______
Ayan nag appear na ulit. Smile General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 876171
______
And it disappeared again Sad

POST, what's wrong with you? Sad Sad
_________

Anyhoo, kung sino gusto dito mag pa-register or kailangan ng tulong, PM lang kayo. :-) Bum ako all day halos. :-)

Last edited by loonyphy on 2011-08-02, 21:01; edited 1 time in total
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-02, 20:57

Whew!

Finally, Nakapag-register na rin ako sa wakas!!! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 307817 Nagtanong na lang ako ng answer kasi I don't have time to look for the answer sa book! Tapos akala ko nawala na yung quill, General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 783597 tapos when the guys from FB Hogwarts PHP told me where it is, they told me to levitate the feather... My right hand was shaking talaga kasi naiisip ko na baka matapos na yung registration... Kaya I ended up na click na lang ng click left and right para mag-levitate... General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 164478 Thanks nga pala to loonyphy, girl you were so patient! cheers Smile Chaka sa mga tumulong from facebook! Razz

I chose PixieWizard193 as my username. All I'm waiting for is the email na lang.

CHEERS!!! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 895436
harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabellatrix 2011-08-02, 21:14

Loonyphy: your post appeared again. MAGICAL indeed . General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 876171

Finally registered: SkyAvis99 ;-)

Isabellatrix
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwhistletop 2011-08-02, 21:17

loonyphy: oooh, yeah you're right. we might have a problem with your disappearing posts... I will call the attention of the faculty... Helloooohhhh Faculty! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 759337

Congrats to everyone who got in!
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-02, 21:21

allanwhistletop: Napaka magical kasi ng castle natin :-) General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 876171

isabellatrix: nawala ulit ang post ko. ohmygodric. bounce
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by dementedlouise 2011-08-02, 21:54

I'm UnicornQuest184 :-)

dementedlouise
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito_Kid 2011-08-02, 22:11

harrys_patronus wrote:Whew!

Finally, Nakapag-register na rin ako sa wakas!!! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 307817 Nagtanong na lang ako ng answer kasi I don't have time to look for the answer sa book! Tapos akala ko nawala na yung quill, General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 783597 tapos when the guys from FB Hogwarts PHP told me where it is, they told me to levitate the feather... My right hand was shaking talaga kasi naiisip ko na baka matapos na yung registration... Kaya I ended up na click na lang ng click left and right para mag-levitate... General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 164478 Thanks nga pala to loonyphy, girl you were so patient! cheers Smile Chaka sa mga tumulong from facebook! Razz

I chose PixieWizard193 as my username. All I'm waiting for is the email na lang.

CHEERS!!! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 895436

haha!!di ko din alam kung paano ilevitate..i was doing the swish and flick thing pero bumabagsak yung feather..akala ko talaga di ako aabot!!haha!! Congrats to everyone who got in!! and Good luck sa mga hindi pa Very Happy My username is CharmOwl8 by the way.

P.S - I got the answer sa twitter, i searched for 'pottermore answer' then i saw someone tweeted the link na. Smile i was hoping na masasagot ko siya without the help of anyone, pero i don't have my books with me..nagcheat tuloy ako. Razz
Caito_Kid
Caito_Kid
Settling Into the Dormitories

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-02, 22:15

@loonyphy: May nag-cast siguro ng spell sa post mo! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 876171

oh, weird! Anyway, I was also talking about posting a message immediately after a message she has posted. She can edit it the original message to avoid prolonging the thread. Just a reminder to everyone for a very smooth operation inside the castle. Cheers! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 537711
Got it Smile

Congrats to those who were able to register! Don't forget to check your email Very Happy
Sa mga di nakapasok, may 4 days pa! General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 778441
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-03, 03:17

Caito_Kid wrote:

haha!!di ko din alam kung paano ilevitate..i was doing the swish and flick thing pero bumabagsak yung feather..akala ko talaga di ako aabot!!haha!! Congrats to everyone who got in!! and Good luck sa mga hindi pa Very Happy My username is CharmOwl8 by the way.

P.S - I got the answer sa twitter, i searched for 'pottermore answer' then i saw someone tweeted the link na. Smile i was hoping na masasagot ko siya without the help of anyone, pero i don't have my books with me..nagcheat tuloy ako. Razz

LoL... Me, too! I'd like to answer it by myself din, kaya lang nung lumabas na yung clue, nanlaki mata ko! I checked HP Wiki, kaya lang naduduling ako sa paghanap... Kaya I posted a comment on one of the wall posts on facebook na "How many points nga ba???" Tapos, di pa ko makapag-type ng answer ng maayos kasi I was thinking na baka mag close na yung registration. Lucky me, a lot of the guys from Hogwarts PHP on facebook helped. Kahit dun sa pag levitate, sila din nagsabi na click ko yung mouse left and right. Nakakataranta, pero it's worth it. Razz And fun! Very Happy Laughing
harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2011-08-03, 06:44

Potterheads! It has recently been revealed by the Pottermore Insider blog on what time they will release Clue #4!

So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Day 4) will be released between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST.
Source: Pottermore Insider

Good luck to everyone! So, for those who don't know yet, BST is British Summer Time (+1), which is 22:44 at the moment. Given that it's 5:44 (PHT, Philippine Time, +Cool here, so it'll be approximately 9:00pm-1:00am here when Pottermore clue opens.
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Elerrina 2011-08-03, 13:05

bounce Maabutan ko pa! Thank you, Pottermore people, for taking pity on the working witches and wizards (here, anyway) :p

GoF today! Smile
Elerrina
Elerrina

Back to top Go down

Post by ynaffit225 2011-08-03, 15:17

hi guys.

i was just wondering if others have had similar problems with me.

it's been approximately 20 hours since i 'successfully registered' but still have not received a Pottermore owl (validation email). i thought perhaps the registration didnt get through however when i go to 'forgot username' and input my email address i used to sign up, Pottermore does send me an email containing the right username i saw yesterday.

ynaffit225

https://www.facebook.com/tiffngo?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-03, 17:53

@ynaffit225: Just wait for it within 48 hours upon registration Smile
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next