Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

+2
DADAProfAE
severusa.snape
6 posters

Go down

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black Empty Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Post by severusa.snape 2011-05-12, 22:37

Welcome to our Grand Online Book Discussion!
This month, we will be discussing the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Note:
* We have created a Bulletin Board where you can find discussion updates & announcements. If you have questions and suggestions, please feel free to post them HERE.
* Every weekend, a game will be provided where everyone are very much welcome to join.
* We encourage fun and healthy discussion. Foul and offensive languages/ opinions will not be tolerated. Respect is highly observed.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to all your responses.

Discussion Leaders,
HG Severusa.Snape & HB Siyuske_Tryeth

severusa.snape
severusa.snape
Head Girl

http://www.blognijoan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black Empty Re: Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Post by severusa.snape 2011-05-12, 22:38

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black Op6-210

A family tree of the Black’s is full of dark wizards, including the Malfoys, but the good wizards in the family, such as Sirius, have been scrubbed from the tree. Harry is having bad dreams about corridors and locked doors that make his scar prickle. Kreacher is very rude to them all but Hermione tries to be nice to him – she is still keen to free house-elves. However, Kreacher knows too much about the Order and can’t be freed.

Question:

1) The House of Black had a habit of removing members of the family from the tapestry including Sirius. What do you think are the various reasons for doing so? If you are a part of the Black family, do you think you will be removed as well (for what reason?), or you will take pride in being pure-blood?

severusa.snape
severusa.snape
Head Girl

http://www.blognijoan.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black Empty Re: Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

Post by DADAProfAE 2011-05-13, 14:38

Hmm. . . interesting question. It cannot be denied that our respective families do play a major role in our lives. Our parents and relatives help form our personalities, who we are, our philosophies in life, what we believe and stand for, etc. That does not mean though that we do not have the freedom to rebel from the status quo. We have seen it not just in the magical community (to wit, Sirius Black, Andromeda and Nymphadora Tonks, etc) but in the Muggle community as well. I'm sure we know at least one person who stands out and differs significantly from his/her family's outlook. While the familial influence is there, there is no denying that the path one may take is not a given but a choice.

If I were part of the Black clan and given their pure-blood mania, I'd probably be considered persona non-grata and my name would surely be burned beyond recognition in the family tree. I don't really put too much premium in blood (whatever that means); I don't even understand this purity philosophy.
DADAProfAE
DADAProfAE
Auror Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-05-13, 20:54

Masyado sila madrama! HAHAHA! Razz
But seriously, I think it's the equivalent of Pinoys disowning family members/relatives like back in the old days. Hmm...meganun pa ba?

Anyhoo, first thought ko, family will always be family.
So I probably wouldn't do what Sirius did, leave home.

But I guess iba yung situation eh. We're talking about letting people (death eaters) kill people. How is that different from keeping quiet and letting the holocaust happen? I don't think I'll just standby if that were the case...

Chapter 6: The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black 909172
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchie08 2011-05-23, 12:22

1) The House of Black had a habit of removing members of the family from the tapestry including Sirius. What do you think are the various reasons for doing so? If you are a part of the Black family, do you think you will be removed as well (for what reason?), or you will take pride in being pure-blood?

- I can't believe that the Black family is removing some of their members. I have to agree with DADAF that our familes do have a major role in our lives. In fact,some of us can't live without them. I think they have their own principles, maybe they have lots of purposes why they're removing their members. It's disappointing for me to have that type of family. If I am a part of the Black family, I won't wait for the day that they will remove me but I'll just leave my family without their signal especially I have relatives that is a Death Eater. I would rather live by myself than to be with them.
mitchie08
mitchie08
Lost in the castle hallways

https://www.facebook.com/mitchiepotter08

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffy 2011-05-24, 20:52

I'll probably have the same fate as Andromeda if not worst. I'll marry someone I love who is not a pure blood, and end up being disowned and burned off the tapestry. They think that they're "royal and all that" for being pure blood, but with all the inter-marriage within themselves, I think they've gone mental too. Maybe that is why a number of them went bad and turned to the dark side...
tiffy
tiffy
Feasting in the Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by gen_excelciosempra 2011-05-29, 04:33

i think na kaya sila nagbubura ng face kasi some of the family members became blood-traitors at ayaw ng Black family na mahaluan sila ng blood tratiors so they treat them as strangers kaya nila binura ung face...

if i were a black family member, i will rather have my face scrubbed out of that tree than be a dark wizard comprised of family members who are mostly death eaters...
gen_excelciosempra
gen_excelciosempra
Feasting in the Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down