Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D

+3
khaye007
lianne
hpmovieaddict
7 posters

Go down

Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D Empty Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D

Post by hpmovieaddict 2010-10-17, 23:01

Source: HPANA

Warner Bros. Pictures just announced they have scrapped plans to release "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" in 3D next month.

Despite everyone's best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality. We do not want to disappoint fans who have long-anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey, and to that end, we are releasing our film day-and-date on November 19, 2010 as planned. We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate Harry Potter experience.

"For 10 years, we have worked alongside Alan Horn and the studio, whose priority has always been to preserve the integrity of Jo Rowling's books as we have adapted them to the screen, and this decision reflects that commitment," said producer David Heyman.

"This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros. has always put quality first," added director David Yates.

As scheduled, on July 15, 2011, we will deliver to conventional and IMAX theaters our final installment of the film franchise, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, in both 2D and 3D formats.

Last edited by hpmovieaddict on 2010-10-17, 23:49; edited 1 time in total

hpmovieaddict
Just got off the Hogwarts Express

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D Empty Re: Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D

Post by lianne 2010-10-17, 23:03

I'm all for quality. I think they made the right decision.
Best to get 2D instead of a substandard 3D which will probably just ruin the experience for me. Smile
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D Empty Re: Warner Bros' Official Statement on why Deathly Hallows Part I won't be in 3D

Post by hpmovieaddict 2010-10-17, 23:06

i agree Smile

hpmovieaddict

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2010-11-20, 23:02

may i ask something?? I watched the Part 1 in 2D and it seems to have no difference from a regular screenplay. Can someone tell me their difference?? Thank you.
khaye007
khaye007
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

http://toasted-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwhistletop 2010-11-20, 23:20

khaye007 wrote:may i ask something?? I watched the Part 1 in 2D and it seems to have no difference from a regular screenplay. Can someone tell me their difference?? Thank you.

2D is the regular screenplay, the usual movie we watch in regular cinemas. 3D is when we use a pair of special glasses to make the figures on the screen pop out ☺
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2010-11-20, 23:37

allanwhistletop wrote:
khaye007 wrote:may i ask something?? I watched the Part 1 in 2D and it seems to have no difference from a regular screenplay. Can someone tell me their difference?? Thank you.

2D is the regular screenplay, the usual movie we watch in regular cinemas. 3D is when we use a pair of special glasses to make the figures on the screen pop out ☺

i know the difference po between 2D and 3D. ang di ko po makuha e yung difference ng 2D sa regular screen play. Kasi diba in cinemas, you'll notice na merong 2D ung title ng HP pero karamihan yung title lang. and their price are different. I watched hp at trinoma, yung regular nila is 180. but yung sa cinema4 which offers 2D is 220. therefore, there must be a difference.
khaye007
khaye007

Back to top Go down

Post by hermgranger 2010-11-21, 00:19

2D cinemas uses digital film projectors (think stuff saved in your laptop, projected by a typical classroom projector), while regular cinemas use conventional film projectors (traditional movie reel).
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2010-11-21, 00:37

hermgranger wrote:2D cinemas uses digital film projectors (think stuff saved in your laptop, projected by a typical classroom projector), while regular cinemas use conventional film projectors (traditional movie reel).

thank you.^^ now i know.Smile)
khaye007
khaye007

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze 2010-11-21, 20:52

yupz and in our case dito sa SM City CDO...

the 3d cinema has better seats, clearer screens and better sound quality... Smile though for the sound quality i think the same lang. hehe.

prices though are different: 2d is 100 (kasi HP pang box office), 3d cinema with 2d movie is 200 then 3d cinema with 3d movie is 250.. Smile

regarding warner bros statement... couldnt agree more... Smile but i really want to watch part 2 in IMAX. hehe. Smile The final battle should look amazing... Smile
Aze
Aze
Hogwarts Phils. Alumnus

http://aze19.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisper Cullen 2010-11-22, 00:02

mas okay manuod sa 2d keysa 3d for me.. nakakailang manuod sa 3d dahil dun sa glass.. Wink

anyhow can't wait to see DH part 2.. Smile)
Jeisper Cullen
Jeisper Cullen

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2010-11-22, 03:25

Jeisper Cullen wrote:mas okay manuod sa 2d keysa 3d for me.. nakakailang manuod sa 3d dahil dun sa glass.. Wink

pero mas ok siguro if you'll be watching DH2 on 3D. Para feel na feel mo yung spells na icacast nila sa fight/want scenes (i guess.^^) Smile
khaye007
khaye007

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisper Cullen 2010-11-22, 16:41

khaye007 wrote:
Jeisper Cullen wrote:mas okay manuod sa 2d keysa 3d for me.. nakakailang manuod sa 3d dahil dun sa glass.. Wink

pero mas ok siguro if you'll be watching DH2 on 3D. Para feel na feel mo yung spells na icacast nila sa fight/want scenes (i guess.^^) Smile

Sana.. *knock on wood* hehe.. Smile
Jeisper Cullen
Jeisper Cullen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down