Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 9-13 - On The Run

2 posters

Go down

Chapters 9-13 - On The Run Empty Chapters 9-13 - On The Run

Post by lianne 2011-09-12, 22:44

The trio are now fugitives! O_o
Thanks to some quick thinking on Hermione's part, they've managed to escape the Death Eaters who crashed the wedding. Forced to leave so suddenly, Harry and Ron were caught unawares. Here in chapter 9 however, they (and we) find out just how much preparation Hermione has been doing. We're first introduced to the secrets of her bag.

As the trio tried to collect their thoughts while in a muggle cafe, they were attacked by a couple of Death Eaters. Barely surviving the encounter, Harry, Ron and Hermione realized that they were indeed in grave danger and that they really needed to get off the streets and hide out somewhere.

• What did you expect they'll find in Grimmuald Place? We haven't seen the house since OotP.

Chapters 9-13 - On The Run 909172
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Chapters 9-13 - On The Run Empty Re: Chapters 9-13 - On The Run

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-13, 21:20

Hmm... thinking of what Kreacher and to whom his loyalty lies prior to the confrontation between him and Harry at DH, I was actually surprised that this house wasn't an extension or a sub-headquarter for the Death Eaters, knowing that Bellatrix or Narcissa (because they're Siruis' cousins--I assume that they had at least visited the place or what not when they were young) could have led the others to infiltrate this place. I was expecting that the place would be heavily secured by the Death Eaters, making it actually impossible for the trio to penetrate the place and to use it as a temporary hide out. If I were Voldemort, I would have asked a number of my followers to guard the place knowing this had been the headquarters of OotP, for I would think that Harry would go back to this place, (to pick up some of the valuable staffs maybe) not just because this was used to be the headquarters of those protecting him but this house was owned by someone dearly to him. It is like as Voldy expected Harry to visit Godric's Hollow when the trace was lifted (not immediately but there will come a time).

Last edited by loonyphy on 2011-09-20, 22:29; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammatical error)
loonyphy
loonyphy
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-09-17, 20:04

Hmm...this also brings to mind the question of the fidelius charm. As we know, at this point dear old Dumbledore is dead. He was the secret keeper of the order. Do you think this means the charm has already been broken? That the only thing protecting Grimmauld Place were the enchantments placed by the Blacks.

I know the trio assumed that the charm is still intact but are we sure about this? What do you think?

lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-17, 22:08

... I read in Harry Potter wiki that when the Secret Keeper dies, the secrets rest with him too. Meaning, if he choose not to tell anyone, the secret remains with him forever. However, if he dies and he happens to tell it to somebody, then that somebody will be the new Secret Keeper. In the case above, we all know that Dumbledore was the Secret Keeper of the Grimmauld Place. When he died, the members of the Order, who of course knew the place became the new Secret Keepers of the place. It was also mentioned that there can be more than one secret keeper. That's why the members of the OotP were forced to vacate the place due to Severus Snape's questionable loyalty.

Hmm...I believe too that the trio assumed that the charm is still intact because they used the Grimmauld Place as their temporary hide out, didn't they? If they knew that the house of Black were no longer safe, why would they go there in the first place? I assume that they think that the place is still protected despite the fact the the OotP vacated the area.

study

Last edited by loonyphy on 2011-09-20, 22:32; edited 1 time in total
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-09-19, 13:55

Follow up question then: do you think these 'new' secret-keepers can pass on the secret?

Here's where I'm coming from. If we're to believe that the members of the order became secret-keepers when Dumbledore died, we can safely assume that Snape was also a secret-keeper, right? How come he didn't tell Voldy nor the Death Eaters about the 'secret'? That would have made surveillance of the house easier. Remember, a Death Eater was on guard outside Grimmauld Place almost immediately after the trio got there. Wouldn't it have looked suspicious if Snape refused to tell them the 'secret' so they could go in? The Death Eaters I mean.

Note that at this point, we still don't know if Snape is good or bad, ok? Wink

lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-19, 20:14

I think they can, since they are the "new" Secret Keepers. They now have the power to tell it to someone or not.

-I'm guessing that Snape actually told them (Voldy and DEs) about the secret of the place since there were DEs on guard. However, as a precaution, they wouldn't want to enter the place that has been used by the OotP since there might be trap in store for them. Of course, they aren't stupid enough to enter the lair of their enemies despite the fact that they no longer used that place. Plus, I also assume that the DEs and Voldy thought at that time,that there might be a charm or enchantment that was still protecting the place. Right after Severus "supposedly" went to the bad side, of course, the OotP would cast an enchantment or charm that could stop or block Severus and other Death Eaters from entering the place even though they vacated it. ( As we know there had been)- an additional "protection" I mean.
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-09-20, 22:17

^ Good insights loonyphy. Very Happy Take 5pts. (Please inform your prefect/s)

While at this point, we don't know yet whether or not Snape has gone inside Grimmauld Place after Dumbledore's death (remember, we'll find out in later chapters), we can assume that he's been there or led some DEs there because of Sirius's disturbed room.

Whether he or other order members can share the secret of the place (after Albus's death) is still a mystery. Here's the scenario I have in mind:

Albus the original SK died. FC is still intact. Anyone he's shared the secret to becomes a SK which is why they can still go into the house. But they can't pass on the secret which is why only Snape can go in and not the DEs (guarding outside)

As to why they can't pass the secret, I have no idea. LOL

Anyhoo, let's proceed to the next chapter which is another roller coaster ride of emotions. Sad

Harry explored the empty house and found a letter from his mother to Sirius. This was a particularly emotional scene in the book as Harry dwell yet again on something inanimate just to have some sort of connection to his long lost parents; in this case, Lily, through her words and handwriting.

Harry was also on the verge of finding out something about Dumbledore.

• Any theories on what the rest of the letter said? Before you finished the book of course. Wink

lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-20, 23:37

lianne wrote:^ Good insights loonyphy. Very Happy Take 5pts. (Please inform your prefect/s)

Thank you, Ms. Lianne! Smile Anyhoo, I shall re-read that part (letter...) I honestly forgot what the rest of the letter says so I could prolly put my theories here after reading. Smile
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum