Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS]

+23
Siyuske_Tryeth
iamcaryl
archie28_hime
willow731
coramaefollero
loonyphy
khaye007
mitchie08
beverly09
xirtalleb
Elerrina
pensieve
allanwhistletop
songjunkee1018
jorielix
garette
fenris
Tazana_Gryffin
siriuslystrange
Marcus
hermgranger
lianne
yvaine
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by hermgranger 2011-07-27, 01:04

fenris wrote:The way Bellatrix shot a killing curse at Ginny in the movie was handled differently (parang, "wala lang... patayin ko nga 'tong batang 'to.")
Isn't that how typical Death Eaters are supposed to be? Kill, kill, kill. They literally feed on death, thus the title (di ba, Allan, no human food for you!). And Bellatrix was pretty much the most sadistic Death Eater there is. Do you think she would think twice about killing Harry supporters? She just automatically shoots AK after AK. And this is a war. The more people you put down from the other side, the better soldier that you are.
As for the supposed joy of Bellatrix on wanting to be the one to kill Ginny (since Bella is the best person we could associate to be the female counterpart of Voldy), see answer above.
willow731 wrote: Sana ginawa na lang talaga nila 'yung pinaalis lahat ng Slytherins at 'yung mga underage students.
Wouldn't that be more dangerous, if they let go of the underage students? Where will they go? They chose the Great Hall as their fort, thus it makes perfect sense that they let the students stay there. Those who choose to fight could fight. Not all witches and wizards of age could defend themselves and not all first years are really useless. And the general panic of students all over the place could be general preference. I mean, they are kids. And they are different kids. Each of them have a different preference on which part of the Castle they feel to be safe. I, myself, think that the dungeons would be the safest place. With the Slytherins supposedly locked in their common room/dormitories + Death Eaters won't really attack their own kin. And the faculty/staff/student leaders would rather take charge in generally defending the entire school than making sure that each "pasaway" first year is safe and secure.
willow731 wrote:Ako rin, unang naluha sa McGonagall-Snape one-on-one. I love Snape's reaction nung hinarap siya ni McGonagall at tinutukan ng wand. He was like, "No, I don't want to fight you." And did anyone else notice na bina-block lang niya ang spells ni McGonagall? Hindi talaga siya lumaban. Oh, Snape.
In this scene, did anyone else notice that before Snape disapparated, he lead those spells by McGonagall to hit the Carrows? Securing the inside of the Great Hall to be rid of Death Eaters? Even when openly suspected and being attacked, he still had everyone's safety in mind cheers
hermgranger
hermgranger
Ravenclaw Prefect

Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by loonyphy 2011-07-27, 22:55

hermgranger wrote:
In this scene, did anyone else notice that before Snape disapparated, he lead those spells by McGonagall to hit the Carrows? Securing the inside of the Great Hall to be rid of Death Eaters? Even when openly suspected and being attacked, he still had everyone's safety in mind cheers

Yes.. After all, he promised Dumbledore that the safety of the students will be one of his priorities. Smile
They're lucky to have Professor Snape. Kudos to him! Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 190347 Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 876171

Last edited by loonyphy on 2011-08-01, 17:49; edited 1 time in total
loonyphy
loonyphy
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

Post by marzorie25 2011-07-28, 07:33

loonyphy wrote:
hermgranger wrote:

Yes.. After all, he promised Dumbledore that the safety of the students will be one of his priorities. Smile
They're lucky to have Professor Snape. Kuddos to him! Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 190347 Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 876171

Because Snape is just so IMBAAAAAAAAAA Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 228345 Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 228345 Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 228345
marzorie25
marzorie25
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by marzorie25 2011-07-28, 07:57

Okay. My turn Razz

Well, not all movie adaptations from books are perfect, but I have to applaud the director for the modest effort of giving the audience a good view of the contents of the book. Smile

My two cents:

1. VOLDY WAS SO BENTA WITH THE LINE "Harry Potter is dead. HEHEHE." The whole audience burst into laughter. And yes, I liked it when some humor was injected in-between scenes. Smile

2. I expected more Molly-Bellatrix action. XD But I totally loved it when Molly said, "Not my daughter, you bitch!" Weasleys FTW!

3. I'm so in awe when McGonagall summoned the professors to protect Hogwarts. It was one of the most beautiful scenes in the film. *_____*

4. Snape x Lily ♥️♥️♥️ Unrequited love.. I can totally relate. *shoots myself*

5. The music. 'Nuff said.

I'm not a good movie critic, though. Forgive me for this lame review.
marzorie25
marzorie25

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-07-28, 09:10

marzorie25 hi. Just a quick reminder. Please avoid double posting. If you have something else to say and you've already posted something, just please edit your last post. Ayt? Wink

Now for what you posted, I agree with #3. When Filius, Molly, Horace and presumably another professor (perhaps Pomona) created the shield around Hogwarts, I was mesmerized. I couldn't help saying yes to Luna when she praised it while talking to Harry.

Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 909172
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by fenris 2011-07-28, 09:44

hermgranger wrote:
fenris wrote:The way Bellatrix shot a killing curse at Ginny in the movie was handled differently (parang, "wala lang... patayin ko nga 'tong batang 'to.")
Isn't that how typical Death Eaters are supposed to be? Kill, kill, kill. They literally feed on death, thus the title (di ba, Allan, no human food for you!). And Bellatrix was pretty much the most sadistic Death Eater there is. Do you think she would think twice about killing Harry supporters? She just automatically shoots AK after AK. And this is a war. The more people you put down from the other side, the better soldier that you are.
As for the supposed joy of Bellatrix on wanting to be the one to kill Ginny (since Bella is the best person we could associate to be the female counterpart of Voldy), see answer above.

In the book she was supposed to be dueling with Hermoine, Ginny and Luna. At least manlang sana pinakita nila sa scene that Ginny was dueling Bellatrix. Walang establishing shot. 2 or 3 seconds worth of establishing shots na nagdu-duel sila would've sufficed. I was complaining about how they shot the scene, not the character. It was too abrupt. Parang siningit lang.

fenris
fenris
Feasting in the Great Hall

http://kacfenris.multiply.com/photos/album/22/The_Wand_Shop

Back to top Go down

Post by marzorie25 2011-07-28, 12:05

lianne wrote:marzorie25 hi. Just a quick reminder. Please avoid double posting. If you have something else to say and you've already posted something, just please edit your last post. Ayt? Wink

Now for what you posted, I agree with #3. When Filius, Molly, Horace and presumably another professor (perhaps Pomona) created the shield around Hogwarts, I was mesmerized. I couldn't help saying yes to Luna when she praised it while talking to Harry.

Deathly Hallows 2: Post-Release Discussion [SPOILERS] - Page 2 909172

OMO I'm sorry. *shoots self* Wink It won't happen again. Smile
marzorie25
marzorie25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum