Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1"

+24
michaelcute
herhar_ponger
sweetyvone
trickster
geewitch
Caito_Kid
Aze
romaiel
xirtalleb
myharry
khaye007
Luciola
Marcus
karlmerc
er_my_knee
nicaboii
doc_ardyey
theinkedquill
ichiro_malfoy
DADAProfAE
garette
allanwhistletop
Targrod
yvaine
28 posters

Go down

What did you think of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1"?

Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap23%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 10 ]
Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap36%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 16 ]
Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap39%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 17 ]
Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap0%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap2%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_lcap0%Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 44

Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Empty Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1"

Post by yvaine 2010-11-18, 09:19

After entering your rating of the film via the poll, you can leave a SHORT COMMENT to justify your answer (optional), or post a link to your review (if it is posted elsewhere). In-depth discussion of the film should go in THIS THREAD

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by yvaine on 2011-07-13, 13:29; edited 1 time in total
yvaine
yvaine
Deputy Headmistress / Gryffindor Head of House

https://hogwartsphils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Empty Re: Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1"

Post by Targrod 2010-11-18, 14:06

Voted for 5/7. For a HP film, too mature. Though the darkness is enthralling. =)
Targrod
Targrod
Hufflepuff Head of House

Back to top Go down

Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1" Empty Re: Rate "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1"

Post by allanwhistletop 2010-11-18, 14:08

5/7 rating:
Actually it's really a good movie, thought some wouldn't agree. However, for non Harry Potter book readers, it's rather tastefully done, though I have issues about leaving some of the plot points that JK Rowling dropped through the course of the book to build up the story, Pettigrew not dying, and the worst part was the torrid kissing scene for Harry and Hermione. It felt like a brother and sister kissing! I would have reacted the same way as Ron. Anyway, with the story divided into two parts, they could have added more scenes from the book ☺☺
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

Post by garette 2010-11-18, 16:46

6/7

Bitin! My only issue would be, ano ba ang rating ng movie? R-13? May mga scenes kasi na too mature for young audiences.
garette
garette
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

http://www.garettepotter.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DADAProfAE 2010-11-18, 17:15

^The film's rating was PG-13

I don't really mind the darkness, nor the intense scenes (both violent and sensual in nature). In fact, I welcome it! Very Happy

I gave it 5/7 though. It was faithful to the book, no doubt about it. My problem is, it wasn't able to transcend the main problem inherent in the book, i.e., it being too episodic. The narrative wasn't seamless, methinks. It felt kinda clunky to me.

This is definitely better than Half-Blood Prince though, so kudos. But my favorite Potter film is still the 3rd installment. Smile
DADAProfAE
DADAProfAE
Auror Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by yvaine 2010-11-18, 17:18

DADAProfAE wrote:I gave it 5/7 though. It was faithful to the book, no doubt about it. My problem is, it wasn't able to transcend the main problem inherent in the book, i.e., it being too episodic. The narrative wasn't seamless, methinks. It felt kinda clunky to me.

I agree about it being episodic. That was the second thing that bothered me first time I watched. I didn't mind it too much in the book, but it's different na for a movie eh. o_0

Like a Star @ heaven

yvaine
yvaine
Deputy Headmistress / Gryffindor Head of House

https://hogwartsphils.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ichiro_malfoy 2010-11-18, 17:25

Also gets a 5/7 for me.

The pacing of the scenes may be a bit too fast for the average fan (more specifically those who have not read the book) to follow through in a single watching, and similar to what others have said, it's a bit too mature (and dark, but it can't be helped) for younger fans.
ichiro_malfoy
ichiro_malfoy
Feasting in the Great Hall

Location : Outside; gathering stem samples from the Whomping Willow

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2010-11-18, 18:24

6/7

While I was a bit disappointed with the lack of some scenes (need another DH dose or more to be sure of how many scratch), I was quite happy with how things turned out. More than I was with HBP.

I liked the way they filled the novel-to-film gaps from the previous movies (e.g. the introduction of Bill's and Dung's characters). And the little improvisations scattered throughout. Razz

And I agree with the PG-13 rating - parents really have to accompany their kids for this one. Me, I jumped at one scene and cringed at another. tongue

Though I knew where the split was going to be, it was still so... bounce Bitin. But in a good way. This could be my favorite HP movie so far. Very Happy

I can't wait for July next year! cheers
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

http://latentshutterbug.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doc_ardyey 2010-11-19, 00:32

5/7...

although the faithfulness to the book is unparalleled with the previous ones, continuity with the story line is needed... there were some lapses, where you really can't understand what is happening if you haven't read the book at all...

so more or less, the acting was good...

darkness is enthralling... unparalleled... it was just chunked up to a little of everything.. i guess
doc_ardyey
doc_ardyey
Lost in the castle hallways

http://www.quackpack.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicaboii 2010-11-19, 00:46

6/7

My only main complaint is the torrid kissing scene but other than minor complaints about camerawork and editing I really enjoyed the movie. I didn't reread the book prior to watching the movie so I wasn't really aware of what scenes were cut out.

I'm glad that they kept the "holey" joke in though! I would have been sad if they took it out! Smile
nicaboii
nicaboii

https://www.facebook.com/nicolecarlos

Back to top Go down

Post by er_my_knee 2010-11-19, 15:59

Gave it a 7/7.. WheW.. i just think everything falls on the right place.. It might be because i wasn't able to reread the book prior to watching, and i got stuck with muggle world that all the eagerness and happiness came outpouring the time i set eye on the film. And how they cut the movie was just fine * me thinks*
er_my_knee
er_my_knee
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by karlmerc 2010-11-19, 17:05

I gave it a 7/7. It's the best Potter film for me, so far. I didn't mind the torrid kissing of Harry and Hermione; it adds to the maturity factor. About Pettigrew not dying, I'm pretty sure the filmmakers would kill him on the second part by other means.

HP7 Part 1 is an excellent film, in my humble opinion. It's full of humor, adventure and action. It's rather dark and sad and that's what I loved about it. I was having goosebumps at the start of the film, even with the flashing of the rusted Warner Bros. Logo, and was feeling very sad during the scene where Hermione modified her parents' memories and those family pictures with her fading away; I was like, "Awwww..." The ending is also very poignant.

The film is just so exciting and I loved every microsecond of it. I'm pretty sure Part 2 would be as good, knowing that it would contain Chapters 25 through 26 plus the Epilogue, and the filmmakers wouldn't leave so much details behind.
karlmerc
karlmerc
Just got off the Hogwarts Express

https://www.facebook.com/karlmerc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus 2010-11-20, 17:31

Rated 6/7 for me. Smile

Maganda pero bitin. hehe.

Marcus
Marcus
Settling Into the Dormitories

http://tropangfrinds.cjb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luciola 2010-11-20, 19:21

Luciola
Luciola

http://thatwhichlightsthedark.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2010-11-20, 22:41

Rated 5/7.

i only have some problem regarding the transitions of the story and the audio (I don't think it's because of the cinema.) Anyway, the movie is great. Bitin lang din talaga yung score ko kasi binitin din nila yung kwento.. Razz
khaye007
khaye007
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

http://toasted-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by myharry 2010-11-21, 13:13

After watching the film...the film was good!

For me, everything is hanging on the bridge....i hope the part 2 will be great!kasi sobrang bitin yung movie....

On the other hand, Ron and Hermione was so cheesy..hehehehe...

I can't for the last part on July....
myharry
myharry

Back to top Go down

Post by xirtalleb 2010-11-21, 14:45

5/7

I'm glad that some of the lines from the book were there. Unfortunately, I actually didn't like the running scene. Too dizzy to watch. Why didn't Wormtail die, anyway?

Also, I'm a R/Hr fanatic. I hate every H/Hr scene in there. Haha. I'm so close-minded, yeah. (I definitely hated the dance/kiss that I covered my eyes with my hood) That's why, I really have to talk with David Yates. Gosh, I'm such a war freak.
xirtalleb
xirtalleb

Back to top Go down

Post by romaiel 2010-11-21, 18:26

Am giving the movie a 5/7 rating.

I was happy with the adaptation. I cried and laughed where I think I needed to: Hermione wiping her parents' memories away, Dobby's death and Harry by his parents' tombstone in Godric's Hollow.

However, the movie felt disjointed to me overall. There were certain scenes that I wished lingered long enough on a emotional standpoint but didn't. Also, I find the movie a little too Harmonian for my liking: the tent dance, the angle of the H/G kiss scene. But that's just me. Razz

flower
romaiel
romaiel
Ravenclaw Prefect

Location : apparating between the national library & avilon zoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aze 2010-11-21, 19:47

Gave the movie 6 horcruxes... Smile

While i was watching the movie i was actually thinking of the book the whole time. I guess that made me like the movie cause it actually stick to what happened in the book. This has always been my problem when i watch book to movie adaptation i tend to compare the movie to the book... Smile

I have issues, YES. I just felt the movie's pacing was too fast. lol. i don't know my friend who just watched the previous movies and never really read the books was always asking me whats happening cause he too felt its moving way fast. But i have to remind myself and my friend as well that it is a long book. Smile well i guess basically thats it... i have questions about the other part of the movie but i guess it has something to do with me forgetting about the crucial parts of the seventh book.. Like i asked if the wand that Voldie stole in Dumbly's tomb the original elder wand. Got lost in translation about the wands transition of power... lolz. I have to re read book 7 though..

I have no problems with the darkness of the movie... It is how it is... It was dark times so it was portrayed the way it should be... The ministry employees that the trio imitated were amazing.. Truly believable.. Kudos to them and the H/HR Dance was hilarious... Razz

Basically thats it i will be watching HP this tuesday for my 2nd serving, i might have some other issues with it i'll post it here. Smile
Aze
Aze
Hogwarts Phils. Alumnus

http://aze19.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito_Kid 2010-11-22, 10:24

6/7

It was really awesome unlike the 3 previous movies...bitin sya pero okay na yun instead of removing more parts gaya ng nangyari sa HP 4,5 and 6.
Caito_Kid
Caito_Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geewitch 2010-11-22, 20:10

I gave it a 6/7 and primarily it was because of the Harry and Hermione kissing scene. It was uncomfortable to watch.

I thought the ending was right where it should have been.

Prof G
geewitch
geewitch
Lady of the Woods

Back to top Go down

Post by trickster 2010-11-23, 16:02

Gave it 6/7

This is my 2nd favorite Potter film thus far (PoA is still tops).

PROs:
- It stands on its own. No need to read the book to be able to appreciate the plot
- Great atmosphere. The level of darkness was just right, though perhaps they should have upped the rating to R-13 instead of just PG-13.
- Emma Watson's improved acting. She's been the weakest of the three but she really shines in this one. The torture scene with Bellatrix made me want to run and hide and cover my ears.
- The editing didn't feel weird to me. Yes it was episodic but I didn't mind.
- The dance scene in the tent. Yes it wasn't in the book BUT it felt right and good and not out of place at all. This is what should have happened in the book.

CON:
- People who haven't seen the other movies won't be able to jump in right away (though I suppose that was to be expected).
- IMHO the rating should have been R-13 instead of PG-13.
trickster
trickster
Hogwarts Phils. Alumnus

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetyvone 2010-11-27, 09:08

great film I love it!

The kiss didn't bother me because it has to be that way so that Ron will get jealous because it is not horcrux-harry who is kissing horcrux-Hermione but it is horcrux-hermione who is kissing horcrux-Harry passionately. Voldemort's horcrux wanna show that Hermione really like Harry which will be such a horror to Ron and to me Smile)

Regarding Wormtail's death, it was noted by a test screener before that he will not die as proven by the first MTV teaser of DH where we hear wormtail says "No sign of him, my lord". I think Steve Kloves will give him a fantastic death!

sweetyvone

Back to top Go down

Post by herhar_ponger 2010-12-16, 11:04

Great film. Even though nabitin ako ng konti. I still love it. Best HP movie so far for me. Actually, I've watched with my sister and she's not a HP fan and she doesn't know that much. And she kept bothering me with questions. LOL =) And I love some of this little scenes:

Harry/Hermione Dance [Tent]
Harry/Hermione Kiss : Pity for Ron =(

I dont like this scene:
Bellatrix torturing Hermione- It's like I felt it myself.

Well, thankful that I was able to watch it again without my sister.lol
herhar_ponger
herhar_ponger

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelcute 2010-12-16, 17:56

6Horcuxes lang kasi bitin pa ako eh... di pa kumpleto..
michaelcute
michaelcute
Being Interrogated About Bezoars

Back to top Go down

Post by fenris 2011-01-25, 16:13

3 Horcruxes for me...

I thought they could've done without some scenes (for me, too much landscape scenes depicting their travel). They should've added scenes from the book that could help people who hadn't read the book to understand what was going on.

The only reason I knew what was happening was because I had read the book before. If I were someone who never read the book, I'd be definitely confused. There were scenes that simply "implied" something and not fully explain it... for readers, it was easy to know. For non-readers, the movie was most probably confusing.

There were a lot of scenes that I liked despite the fact that I only rated the movie with 3 horcruxes.

The scene in the diner was "almost" how I imagined it (I was picturing a slightly bigger diner when I was reading the book).

I guess what really miffed me about the movie was I had to do a lot of "forgiving" in terms of the small changes they made. I had the impression that they were going to cram as much detail into the movie as they could... that's what they said, right?
fenris
fenris

http://kacfenris.multiply.com/photos/album/22/The_Wand_Shop

Back to top Go down

Post by popsterariane11 2011-02-02, 17:28

6/7

bitin pero maganda..sakto lang yung ending..
popsterariane11
popsterariane11

http://arzyan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mitchie08 2011-02-22, 15:24

5/7

bitin nga siya pero magaling....
mitchie08
mitchie08
Lost in the castle hallways

https://www.facebook.com/mitchiepotter08

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-06-11, 15:44

5/7. I looked forward to the Dudley scene, y'know. It's nice to know that he still cares about Harry in some way. And for the non-readers, there are some boring scenes, though.

I have no problem with Harry and Hermione kissing, it's supposed to be evil, and wrong, so I guess it was really convincing. Other evil things I loved was when Bella tortured Hermione, and when Dobby died. I really had emotions everywhere.

The Tale of the Three Brothers is really spectacular!

The end, evil Voldemort breaking Dumbledore's tomb and just his pure greed for power made hate a very particular emotion in my whole body.

elletoxicity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum