Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Philippines
Hogwarts Philippines has moved to a new home! Update your links! http://pinoyharrypotter.org/forum
Hogwarts Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

+34
I♥AstoriaGreengrass
beverly09
ynaffit225
dementedlouise
Isabellatrix
allanwhistletop
loonyphy
janelmendoza
aria.frost
harrys_patronus
siriuslystrange
Nargles and Snorkacks
hermgranger
ichiro_malfoy
simplyJD
17veronne
kaimikichan
Tazana_Gryffin
Void
raine07
katokat
theinkedquill
Black_Neo
zoeweasley
Elerrina
yvaine
lordartworks
Caito_Kid
tiffy
elletoxicity
khaye007
mitchie08
DADAProfAE
lianne
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty Re: General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-04, 01:03

I was able to get the clue again for day 4, (and it was so darn easy... Mad) Anyway, I was redirected to a sony website so I posted the answer on facebook, (quill.pottermore.com/112) but everyone, including me can't find the quill. I went as far as searching for the quill on the website itself (sony searchbox, lol! ) and watching the screen of PSP, thinking it might be there... So, what I did was I went back to Pottermore and I typed the answer again sa address bar thingy (sorry... dunno what its called... Razz) then I was redirected to registration agad. I wanted to register those who haven't, but too bad, I think everyone's panicking because the quill was nowhere to be found. Im going to try and get the clue again tomorrow, so IF EVER I do get in again, I hope someone would be able to provide me info. Sayang kasi... Password will be temporary, so you can just change it once Pottermore's open to everyone. Smile

**I'm not really that good at copy-pasting that quickly, especially if I'm pressured because of the fact that registration closes agad, so, baka I can only register one... but I'll try my best, so please don't be mad if I won't be able to register another. Ingrid had a very good idea of trying to register as much members from PHP as possible for greater chances that one from PHP would be given an early access... I'd like to do my share as a fellow PHP member, too. Smile**

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 895436
harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus
Just got off the Hogwarts Express

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty Re: General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS)

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-04, 08:55

hello guys! Hope you're having luck with pottermore. Smile May I ask what was the clue yesterday? )
loonyphy
loonyphy
Sitting in Agony in Snape's Potions Class

Back to top Go down

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 Empty Day 4 Clue

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-04, 14:15

loonyphy wrote:hello guys! Hope you're having luck with pottermore. Smile May I ask what was the clue yesterday? )

**How many students take part in the Triwizard Tournament during Harry's fourth year? Multiply this number by 28.

harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-04, 14:33

Oh okay. Thanks :-) . Razz

Congratulations to everyone who managed to got into Pottermore yesterday and Good luck to those who will be trying later and the next few days. Razz

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 876171
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caito_Kid 2011-08-04, 15:14

harrys_patronus wrote:
**I'm not really that good at copy-pasting that quickly, especially if I'm pressured because of the fact that registration closes agad, so, baka I can only register one... but I'll try my best, so please don't be mad if I won't be able to register another. Ingrid had a very good idea of trying to register as much members from PHP as possible for greater chances that one from PHP would be given an early access... I'd like to do my share as a fellow PHP member, too. Smile**

what time was the clue posted last night? i was waiting for it pero nakatulog na ako..haha!
Mababait talaga ang mga witches and wizards ng PHP...always willing to help Very Happy
I'd like to help as well kaya lang my schedule does not permit me to..sobrang busy..
i hope everyone would be able to access Pottermore early..Good luck guys!! Very Happy

"Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who (ask for it/deserve it)" -Albus Dumbledore
Caito_Kid
Caito_Kid
Settling Into the Dormitories

Back to top Go down

Post by dementedlouise 2011-08-04, 17:02

Yeah sana maraming PHP member ang ma-grant ng early access sa Pottermore! Goodluck with the registration! ;D Let's wait for our second owl. :-)

dementedlouise
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-05, 07:16

For those interested in Clues:

Day 5: It's an easy one! =)

What is the number of the house for the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? multiply this by 21. Smile
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-05, 18:16

loonyphy wrote:For those interested in Clues:

Day 5: It's an easy one! =)

What is the number of the house for the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? multiply this by 21. Smile

I guess they really meant it when they said that clues from Day 1 to Day 3 will be a bit hard... I mean with these questions you don't have to check HP Wiki, or your HP Books...T_T

I wasn't able to visit Pottermore last night... My grandfather passed away yesterday around 2PM, kaya we have to prepare and take care of everything... Sorry... I promised pa naman to help. I'll try later, it's just hard to connect sa Wi-Fi kasi dun...

Good luck to those who are planning to get the clue tonight!

harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-08-05, 19:06

harrys_patronus wrote:
I wasn't able to visit Pottermore last night... My grandfather passed away yesterday around 2PM, kaya we have to prepare and take care of everything... Sorry... I promised pa naman to help. I'll try later, it's just hard to connect sa Wi-Fi kasi dun...

Good luck to those who are planning to get the clue tonight! [/color]

condolence po, anyway.
too bad, I wasn't home kanina, may exams kasi e.
mas mahirap siguro pumasok lalo na Day 6 na mamaya.
According to Pottermore Insider "(Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August."
Day 6 will start at 8:30 pm tonight and Day 7 will start at 7:30 am tomorrow- Philippines.
Go PHPers! bounce

@allanwhistletop, @lianne: apologies, I tried to delete the second post when I noticed nawala 'yung post ni loonyphy, I explored the edit button, pero wala akong nakita na makakapag-delete sa post na 'yun, ayun po. Sorry ulit. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by elletoxicity on 2011-08-05, 19:48; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added pottermore insider info)

elletoxicity
Feasting in the Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by aria.frost 2011-08-05, 22:41

Day 6 clue: How many chapters are there in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Multiply this number by 14.
aria.frost
aria.frost

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-06, 18:14

DAY 7 CLUE: How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7

harrys_patronus wrote:

Good luck to those who are planning to get the clue tonight! [/color]

Condolence! I'll pray for his soul. Sad
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by harrys_patronus 2011-08-07, 23:14

loonyphy wrote:

Condolence! I'll pray for his soul. Sad

Thank you, loonyphy and elletoxicity... I appreciate it. Smile

harrys_patronus
harrys_patronus

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-09, 15:27

Hey guys! Nakaregister ba lahat? Smile I have one extra pottermore account I can give away sa di nakaregister .. (My niece was supposed to have it but ni-register na din pala siya ng friend niya, so nag-double Very Happy)
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by beverly09 2011-08-09, 15:54

^can i have it?? Smile
beverly09
beverly09
Sleeping in Prof. Binns' History of Magic Class

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwhistletop 2011-08-09, 20:09

elletoxicity wrote:

@allanwhistletop, @lianne: apologies, I tried to delete the second post when I noticed nawala 'yung post ni loonyphy, I explored the edit button, pero wala akong nakita na makakapag-delete sa post na 'yun, ayun po. Sorry ulit. Crying or Very sad

It's ok. There's a bug so no need to worry, not your fault. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 537711
allanwhistletop
allanwhistletop

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-08-09, 22:28

Ooooo! More news on Pottermore. Very Happy

Did you guys see the bit about the Dursleys? O_O
Gah! When's that owl coming with my letter?!

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 909172
lianne
lianne
Admissions and Alumni Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by elletoxicity 2011-08-10, 03:27

^I want my letter too! Strange, I've never waited for anything this long and naiinip na po talaga ako.
@allanwhistletop, salamat! Smile

Early Acces Dates Daw Po.

so if I got in on the 2nd day, I should expect my welcome mail around August 15-21 pa? bounce

elletoxicity

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-11, 00:45

beverly09 wrote:^can i have it?? Smile
Okay, PM me and I'll send you the details Smile
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-08-11, 09:06

Anyone who's gotten their email yet? Smile
Got mine this morning.

I'm 95% sure everyone who's registered during the whole Magic Quill Quest thing will get one.
Share your adventure!

lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-11, 18:38

My heart actually skipped a beat at the sight of the word 'Congratulations!' But alas, we've yet to receive our Welcome owls.

bounce

On a more positive note, at least we've only a few more days/weeks of waiting. Smile
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

http://latentshutterbug.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-11, 21:42

I got my congrats letter na din bounce

We’re really excited to confirm that you are one of the lucky people selected for early entry into Pottermore, ahead of when it is open-to-all in October, to help us add finishing touches!
OMG I am so excited Very Happy I'm glad meron tayong say kahit sa small details lang.
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by I♥AstoriaGreengrass 2011-08-11, 22:45

just got congrats lette this morning....
gosh Im so excited na bounce b
I♥AstoriaGreengrass
I♥AstoriaGreengrass
Dodging Peeves' Water Balloons at the Entrance Hall

http://loony-lovelygood.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ynaffit225 2011-08-11, 22:52

theinkedquill wrote:My heart actually skipped a beat at the sight of the word 'Congratulations!' But alas, we've yet to receive our Welcome owls.

bounce

On a more positive note, at least we've only a few more days/weeks of waiting. Smile

Abby!! that was the first thing waiting for me in my inbox when i opened my email at the office. my heart started racing.. =)))))

ynaffit225

https://www.facebook.com/tiffngo?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus 2011-08-12, 03:52

I also received mine at 12:08 AM today. Excited na ko next week. Smile
Marcus
Marcus
Settling Into the Dormitories

http://tropangfrinds.cjb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazana_Gryffin 2011-08-12, 08:37

Got my owl too!!! wheeebeeee
Tazana_Gryffin
Tazana_Gryffin
Ravenclaw Head of House

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-16, 17:50

Finally! got my owl! Smile
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alizarine Agarlasse 2011-08-18, 07:36

My owl's taking some time.... Sad you guys registered on Day 1 ba?
Alizarine Agarlasse
Alizarine Agarlasse

https://www.facebook.com/alizarine

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-18, 22:56

The last I received was the confirmation owl for early access. I think that most of us have yet to receive the Welcome owl from Pottermore. It appears that they're letting people in at random, meaning that it doesn't matter on which day we registered. I'm not entirely sure myself.

The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
^ More information about Pottermore can be found here. Smile
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

Back to top Go down

Post by Alizarine Agarlasse 2011-08-20, 22:00

ahah thanks XD it sure takes quite a while, can't help but feel anxious Smile)

Alizarine Agarlasse
Alizarine Agarlasse

Back to top Go down

Post by jorielix 2011-08-21, 00:38

Still waiting for the Welcome Mail. I cant be a Squib.

The agony of waiting. Shocked
jorielix
jorielix

http://www.twitter.com/jorielix

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-21, 12:57

Evanna Lynch (who plays Luna Lovegood) has been Sorted... not into Ravenclaw but Gryffindor!

Additionally, Mugglenet.com says:
Pottermore is slowly opening up access to those who successfully completed the Magical Quill process several weeks ago. As of our last check, roughly 25,000 of the 1 million beta members are now in Pottermore. That number will continue to grow over the next few weeks as access to more and more fans is granted!
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

Back to top Go down

Post by Alizarine Agarlasse 2011-08-22, 22:14

Hahah cool, at least it shows that there's no character-to-person bias hehe parang ang uncool nga naman kung Ravenclaw pa rin siya hehe...

anyway, hope my owl's safe. and still flying XD
Alizarine Agarlasse
Alizarine Agarlasse

Back to top Go down

Post by lianne 2011-08-23, 23:17

Yo PHPers! Very Happy
According to the Pottermore Insider Blog, a new batch of owls was released. Check out the news over at Mugglenet. Wink

Anyone got theirs?

lianne
lianne

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-24, 00:53

No owl, still. bounce

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 Tumblr10 < Pretty much sums up my sentiments. Wink
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-24, 22:44

Nahhh... I think Errol was used to deliver my letter. He got lost. Crying or Very sad Hope he finds his way. Smile

3rd owl where are you????

General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 876171
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-26, 21:57

I have yet to receive my letter Sad

Evanna Lynch (who plays Luna Lovegood) has been Sorted... not into Ravenclaw but Gryffindor!
I love that they're so different from the characters they play. Other actors that have been sorted:
Rupert Grint - Ravenclaw
Tom Felton - Hufflepuff
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-08-26, 23:44

Even the Phelps twins--Hufflepuff. Very Happy
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by theinkedquill 2011-08-27, 00:47

siriuslystrange wrote:Other actors that have been sorted:
Rupert Grint - Ravenclaw
Tom Felton - Hufflepuff
loonyphy wrote:Even the Phelps twins--Hufflepuff. Very Happy

I follow Tom and the Phelps twins on Twitter, but they have never mentioned anything about Pottermore. Not one word. We can, however, safely say that James is not (yet) on Pottermore, as can be gleaned from his reply to a follower. I'm assuming that neither are Oliver or Tom at this point. I doubt that they would keep mum about being on Pottermore. Smile

I think it's best to practice constant vigilance when it comes to the grapevine. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 817157
theinkedquill
theinkedquill

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2011-08-27, 04:50

I'm a Ravenclaw. I'll be earning housepoints with Rupert.Razz

..I was really hoping to be in Slytherin. But maybe I am not that bad after all. hihihi.. Still, Ravenclaw will be fine. At least I am not a Hufflepuff. hihihi...
khaye007
khaye007

http://toasted-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-08-30, 23:59

@theinkedquill: Okay so the only confirmed ones are Evanna being on Gryffindor and Scarlet Byrne (Pansy Parkinson) being on Slytherin. Pardon me for not digging further, I just got really excited (how very un-Ravenclaw of me, tsk tsk) General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 476637

@khaye007: What's wrong with being a Hufflepuff? confused

Annnnd I still haven't got my email, booo! Suspect I think Errol's got my letter and probably busy bumping his head with everything in the way Laughing
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by khaye007 2011-08-31, 21:30

^nothing really. I just don't like being in Hufflepuff. You know, Snake thing. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 190347
khaye007
khaye007

http://toasted-blog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-07, 23:49

khaye007 wrote:^nothing really. I just don't like being in Hufflepuff. You know, Snake thing. General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 190347

Being a Snake thing practically hates everything... hahaha except for our own house. Very Happy
General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 190347
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-09-08, 22:52

Really? I got sorted into Slytherin (Pottermore) and I don't hate the other houses. Some characters maybe, but I tend to avoid stereotyping a character/person/house .. And just because you're Slytherin doesn't mean you have to be full of hate -- nowhere in the house's core values does it say that, so it's not a "Snake thing".

Slytherin welcome message (from Pottermore). I'm putting in sa spoiler tags just in case ..
Spoiler:
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by loonyphy 2011-09-09, 00:42

siriuslystrange wrote:Really? I got sorted into Slytherin (Pottermore) and I don't hate the other houses. Some characters maybe, but I tend to avoid stereotyping a character/person/house .. And just because you're Slytherin doesn't mean you have to be full of hate -- nowhere in the house's core values does it say that, so it's not a "Snake thing".

[/spoiler]

Of course we can't generalize that all Slyths are haters but what we are just saying is that we refer to that "Snake thing" based on how the Slyths were behaving in the entire novel. Forget about first the fact that Snape and Slughorn are the perfect examples to this exemption. But in the entire septology, one couldn't argue that the Slyths are not bullies and haters... I believe that when we say it's a "snake thing", we primarily based it on how most of the Slytherin students are generally characterized. And by the way, FYI too...it's just a dark humor. Nothing serious. We are not dumb to give a hasty generalization. We know that each house has its own good and bad sides. Cheers to that! =) General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 876171 General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 588653
loonyphy
loonyphy

Back to top Go down

Post by siriuslystrange 2011-09-09, 01:19

I'm pretty sure no one in this forum is dumb, after all, we're HP fans, right? Very Happy

Well, it's definitely dark. I see Hufflepuff hate at almost every site I visit (twitter, imdb, other hp forums, etc) and since I consider myself mostly a Badger, you can just imagine that it irks me a bit.

About the bullying thing, the books were written from Harry's point of view therefore it's him that we sympathize with. If the books were written from, let's say, Draco's POV, I'm pretty sure it will change how we view things as well .. Also, James Potter and his Gryffindor gang bullied Snape during their era, so it clearly doesn't matter which house you belong in when it comes to bullying (among other things). I'm just putting it out there, like you said, each house has their own good and bad sides. And I'm not trying to stir things up, just want to know your opinions -- I'm always up for a healthy discussion! Smile General Discussion: Pottermore (NO SPOILERS) - Page 3 588653
siriuslystrange
siriuslystrange

Back to top Go down

Post by hermiANA 2011-09-09, 22:46

until now, hindi pa rin napapadpad yung owl ko...huhuhu...di ko alam kung nabura ko yung email or wala pa talaga sya..huhuhuhu..sana hindi pa sya nababaril ng mga hunters Sad
hermiANA
hermiANA

Back to top Go down

Post by hermiANA 2011-09-26, 20:33

yay! im a hufflepuff
hermiANA
hermiANA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3